Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Gutter Rider

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Almost 2000 post in this thread now!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
Almost 2000 post in this thread now!
WooHooo! So cool!!! Really enjoy that it was a fun communal one. Is what it is all about!

(Goat is buying the beer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 08-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Gutter Rider

There was a Samson ferrocement hull for sale in a nearby boatyard... forever...
Then FREE was painted on it with spraypaint in clear view...

I was working back then and had the cash to finish it.
48ft ketch... would have been just dandy to live on and I had a volvo diesel to motor it. Went and looked it over 3 or 4 times, talked with the boatyard owner... SHE wasn't going for it. not even a little bit.
Oh well.

I watched em do a refurbish on a local fishing boat in drydock with a ferrocement sheath over the old wooden hull. Came out great!

There's free boats all over the place. Always for a reason, though.

.....re-jetted my cns back to #71 and the general burbling 4 stroke is gone but it's falling flat on it's face at WOT. Probably worse than before at WOT, but better through the throttle roll-on.
I'm beginning to consider giving up on the cns.
Today it only got me 20mph past the radar sign unit.

I'm thinkin part of the prob could be cured if I built one of Rohmel's roll-your-own-CDI's. The engine has always started well, but it just never wants to zing up in rpm like most 2 strokes... in addition to the 4 stroking, it seems to be fighting itself and won't run free at hi rpm.

Only other thing I can think of besides fat, and timing, is a seriously plugged up stock exhaust pipe/muffler. This was a basket-case I bought, so I have no clue how many miles are really on it. It wasn't really well cared for.

Oily gunky mess tomorrow!
Hope to work on a basket, also.
rc
Old 08-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Not responding well to well thought out jetting changes and struggling in the high RPM ranges certainly sounds like a plugged up exhaust problem to me.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 08-10-2011, 12:49 AM

Finally got that vibration problem fixed. Tuned out that I had a motor mount that I should have double bolted those ten mm bolts but, I just let then sit there because they way they were set up it was not easy to get that other bolt in. I got things loose by taking off the front mount off and then removing the rear Sick Bike Part adapter.I finally was able to get the engine in place and to get the engine mounted to the plate with double nuts on the engine mounts.

when I first installed it there was not was not enough room to get the nut to pass by the seat tube without moving the engine. So I tightened just those nut and let them sit there, knowing that they were going to get loose, but when.

About seven months later when my engine got to a certain level and I would feel a large buzzing and then it smoothed out at a higher RPM. Turned out that those two bolts had worked there way just a bit loose.

well I now have my Tachometer up and running again so it turns out with my new pipe the power starts a about 3000 and so far go to eight. (I don't know what the top end of these engines are but I think 8500 is redlining it.

Any body know how fast you can top out a china girl/"Happy time" motor ?

mike
Old 08-10-2011, 09:16 AM

Yesterday, i took my stock muffler off, let it hang by its hanger/clamp while i took the sbp exhaust gasket off, cleaned it, and the port. Then i cut a cardboard gasket and put it on first, then the sbp gasket, then my muffler and tightened it down good and tight. It doesn't leak anymore! I love cardboard. Sure it'll fall apart if i take it off. That's why i'm leaving it alone till it either falls apart and falls out or i want to upgrade. I tested it by going around town going throttling from little to no throttle to full throttle. I even kept it at full throttle on the long stretches. When i got back to my house nearly 2 hours later it was light'ning and i looked down to see if the cardboard held up, not one leak. Not a spot of gas/oil. Nothing. But i did hear a kinda ringing squeaking noise when i was riding. It sounded like maybe my bearings need more oil, or my clutch gears, needs more grease maybe. I'll fix that thursday hopefully.

The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon. - George Washington

I'm Jesse James
Semper Fidelis

Last edited by James912; 08-10-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Made a plate and mounted an on/off switch to replace the throttle kill switch. Old kill switch worked two times and that was it. Wiring was fine. Push button didn't work. Back in business.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM

Opened garage door to look at my mbikes when I got home from work. Was disappointed because I couldnt ride to work because of the stupid rain here. Off for the next three days. I will ride. Oh yes.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Gutter Rider

I could cut the humidity today with a knife. I had small signs of being just a tad lean on the 9.4 Morini battling 6000 foot. Running a 94 main jet now on the 24mm carby with me needle on the top notch. Still running my 259 AU atomizer and 40 pilot.

This thing is still cruising slow very nicely best I've ever seen saw it hold steady at 10 mph with a 7000 or higher dunno? rpm attack clutch. A hole shot out of my drive way throttle on full is ridiculously fast. Just the way I love it! Theres a main street BLVD right around the corner where I routinely nail it. Gearing top speed for 40 mph. Roughly 5 or more houses length down the street I darn near hit 40 mph on a straight away.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:09 PM

hadn't done it yet but I plan to put upgraded wrist pin bearing and straight plug head on one of my 66cc gals tomorrow if all goes as planned........

Peace, map

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner