Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiM View Post
All this talk of temp, Summer starts next month for us in OZ and it will really start heating up then, we are only in mid 30s atm, thats Celsius not Fahrenheit, around around 95F in the old money ...enjoy your winter chaps :-P :-P :-P

KiM

^%(&^%$%&%&#!!! rub it in ^%&$#

(lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 11-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
i spent most of the day figuring out ways to make my bike 100% legal in California. figured out the headlight/hibeam combo (according to the cop, we also need a little blue indicator/dash light so we know the hibeam's on) and got that all wired up to a dynohub.

still working on the functional taillight/brakelight. gotta research some switches
Hey Bairdco,

did you ever see this brake lever with a switch. I've thought about it and the price isn't bad either.

ELECTRIC SCOOTER MINI MOPED DIRT BIKE BRAKE LEVER RIGHT - eBay (item 250635101980 end time Dec-14-10 02:52:01 PST)
Old 11-27-2010, 10:28 PM

Rode it to work and rode it good. Then I had the pleasure of riding it back home in 30 degree weather. Might go out and have another ride, its about 25 now. Screw the cold imma ride this.....contraption.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
how did you mount them on there? i like how they look on the bike unpainted like that.
It was a few trips to the Home Desperate but I found a combo of u bolts and some pieces of 1/4" rope clamps. I found the rope clamps and they looked perfect only after i took them apart and turned them 90deg. did they work out. I will try to post pics of the hardware tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
i spent most of the day figuring out ways to make my bike 100% legal in California. figured out the headlight/hibeam combo (according to the cop, we also need a little blue indicator/dash light so we know the hibeam's on) and got that all wired up to a dynohub.

still working on the functional taillight/brakelight. gotta research some switches. the easiest way would be to just install a cheater button on the handlebars that you press when you brake, but i want something that actually works.

researching horns, too. we're supposed to have something at least 90db, the same as the minimum for a car horn.

and i made some brackets to mount my license plate on the back. it was mounted to the side of my ammo can/saddlebag, but it's supposed to be visible from the back.

i hate it.

i'm not posting any pics till i get it all wired up and working. my goal is to offer a whole package for sale, with a dynohub front wheel and all the accessories, wiring, etc, so you just bolt it on and hook it up. the way the cops have been acting around here lately, i could make millions...
hey check out Radio Shack..they have small micro switches..normally open and normally closed..you might be able to set one up (normally closed) to make contact with your brake handle on the bars so when you squeeze it, it opens and completes the cicuit and the brake light comes on....or maybe rig one up(normally open)on the brake pad arms so when they contact the rim it closes the circuit and actuates the light?...either way it would take some mounting bracket fabrication and creative wireing..but im sure it could be done
Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAlaskan View Post
looking pretty good i was considering doing the same thing but those are too small for my purposes and the ones that are large enough were so wide it looked bad if o could find some the same width but taller and longer i would jump on that
I found for me these were just the ticket, and at 10 bucks a piece I could not pass it up. I hope to mount tail lights on them and some sort of rechargeable battery system to put inside. A tool kit and a container of mixed fuel in the other and I am good for the long haul.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Sh&t..i just looked at the Texaco thermometer out here in the garage..yikes! its 68*....had to go an get a hooded sweatshirt an put dungarees on ...started gettin some shrinkage.............
Old 11-27-2010, 11:44 PM

Woke up early this morning with no hang over, the good thing is I stayed home so I had a wallet full of money.
I needed to take care of some issues with Aldino mainly the front wheel not being true, well I got that handled. The good thing is I am able to do this myself without having to sub this out for 15 bucks.
The other thing I did was re-jet the carb; I have been working on some carb upgrades and tested this out today on a 20 mile ride. This is the fastest motor to date with exlent torque and scary top end. This bike is a rocket.
I am looking forward to the SD ride so hope all is clear.

CCC
Old 11-28-2010, 12:05 AM

The fuel petcock on my 4-liter Happy Time tank plugged up on my last ride. Couldn't clear it, so it was ride-then-stop, ride-then-stop to get home.

I ordered an SBP petcock and fuel filter a few days ago, then installed the valve today. After filterscreening the tank's gas, didn't find any crud in there. I peeked down the petcock before installing it. It has a HUGE port, almost the size of the brass hose fitting. This valve will NEVER plug up.

My FRAM automotive filter filled VERY quickly, when I opened the petcock. This was MUCH better than the OEM valve. Usually, I'd have to blow air thru the neck to force-feed the filter.

This SBP fuel valve is an EXCELLENT product!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:16 AM
a guy who makes cool bikes

dan, most of those gloves are fleece lined. which becomes totally useless (and cold) when wet.

i go for the real thing: Body Glove 3mm EX3 Gloves 1621 with reviews at scuba.com

climbing steel towers all day would destroy them in a coupla weeks, so another trick i used was to buy those cheap brown gloves from 7-11 or liquor stores for like 2.99, (like these: Gloves - Buckhorn Industrial, Inc.) and wear them over the thinner warm water gloves.

sport chalet, REI, and other big sporting goods stores usually have a good selection.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner