Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

KCvale : Who makes that head?

I got my sport exhaust in the mail today (yay!), and it's a perfect fit. I also got some quick disconnect clips and crimped them on my wires, killswitch was intermittent and only worked when I squeezed the clump of wires wrapped in black tape, so I put a new end bit on my ground wire, it was almost sheared off. I'm going to stress test it later, but gf just got home from work, so it'll be a couple hours till I get bike time.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:42 PM

That head is made by Jim " Manic Mechanic " here is a link to a dealer High Comppression Billet Head for GT5 and PK-80

They show to be out of stock right now.....dang-it I was woating one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTapedGoat View Post
KCvale : Who makes that head?

I got my sport exhaust in the mail today (yay!), and it's a perfect fit. I also got some quick disconnect clips and crimped them on my wires, killswitch was intermittent and only worked when I squeezed the clump of wires wrapped in black tape, so I put a new end bit on my ground wire, it was almost sheared off. I'm going to stress test it later, but gf just got home from work, so it'll be a couple hours till I get bike time.

Last edited by mapbike; 05-04-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:10 PM

I did some porting, gasket making & head & jug shaving on one of my engines today, I pulled the top off, Head, Jug, Exhaust, Intake, Carb.

I polished the transfer ports pretty good and smoothed up the intake and exhaust by removing all those typical burrs that are always in the ports of these engines, I then port matched everything real nice and made a new intake gasket for the Billet Manic M. intake I put on it, I also smoothed up the inside of the exhaust lead off pipe for the SBP expansion Chamber I put on it, it had some over penetrated welds on the inside that needed ground out.

I also shaved .002 off the jug deck and shaved .006 off the head, I made a new head gasket out of .016 Alum. which is .011 thinner than the .027 gasket that was on the engine when I started the mods today.

I started on it at about 1:30PM and had back together and running by 8:00pm, took it for a very short ride just up the road and back, but it was getting dark so I couldnt really open it up to see if what I did helped the top end or not, but I could tell it has a much better throttle response than before.

Now if it just helped the top end a bit Ill be happy, it was topping out at 31MPH with a 34T sprocket which was pretty weak compared to my other bikes which will hit 37mph & 39mph with larger sprocket a 41T & a 36T.

I'm still not convinced that the SBP expaansion chamber isnt some of my trouble on top end, I may be getting rid of that baffle on the back of it and putting my own muffler back there like the one I rigged up on one of my other bikes, just need to do some more testing in the next few days and see what I come up with.....

Peace

Last edited by mapbike; 05-04-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I replaced my rear wheel because the axle and hub got bent.

Here's the picture of the axle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bentaxle.jpg (217.8 KB, 230 views)
Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 PM

nothing to my bike but did finally get my gt lts-5 from fedex today so i am happy gonna put it together tonight and start preping it for my build i cant wait i will take pics and document the process i am really excited about he build
Old 05-05-2011, 08:33 PM

Got it running, and got "The look." from my neighbors. I'm the only one in my area. Poised to make $$$ WHEN gas goes to the moon. Oh yeah.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 PM

Took my bike that I did all the work too yesterday out this evening when I got home from work and took it for a 4+ mile ride, I didn't have my GPS mounted on it, but I can definetly tell the work I did made an improvement in the top speed, I wont know anything for sure until I get the GPS on it for a accurate speed check but I'm taking a wild guess and saying it improved by at least 3-5MPH maybe a couple more, it is twisting up to a higher RPM than it was for sure, and doesn't have that flat spot where it did before, I have my fingers crossed and am hoping for at least 35-36MPH top end now with a comfortable cruise speed in the 30-32MPH range, If I have time tomorrow evening I will pull out the GPS and know for sure what I have.

Happy & Safe Riding all.......

Peace
Old 05-06-2011, 06:19 AM

started putting together my full suspension frame today getting it ready fot the motor that should be here tomarow but probably wnt get to ride it till i get enough money for a shift kit from sbp it is more expensive then my gt lts from and motor combined
Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

so i put a billet intake boost bottle ready on my carb,today it ran fine for a few then gas was puoring out of my aftermarket adp air filter. i did notice the gas line was a little oversized and was also leaking a bit so i replaced that and the problen still persists
Old 05-06-2011, 07:03 PM

Pulled all the parts off the bad 66 and installed them on the new 49. I spent a while sanding the jug where it wasn't machined. Got it nice and flat. I also sanded the taper on the bottom of the jug to make it easier to slide the rings in. Made sure the edges around the ports were rounded. Tapped all the holes then cleaned and white lithium greased the piston and jug. Slid it all together. Screwed in the head studs and installed the Puch head.

I thought the new front mount was going to be trouble but it actually is better now. The narrower mounting holes required me to "massage" the tube with a hammer but now it fits much better than the old wide clamp.

I can't figure out why it sits higher in the frame, though. That's ok but there a place on one of the back struts where the chain passes real close. I have a pad cut from a tire there now and that has kept the chain from cutting but I'll have to use a piece of conduit or something as a sacrificial piece to keep from damaging the aluminum strut. I'm thinking about a 50 tooth sprocket to take the place of the 56.

Wiring and chain then I'm off and hopefully running.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner