braking both front and rear

GoldenMotor.com

jawbreaker

Jun 30, 2010
vancouver, B.C.Canada
I have try just using one wire pulling two and it did not work as when one side is tight, it does not pull the loose side further. Using a rod solve the problem. The handle will pull the center wire. As on side get tight. it will continue to pull the other side.
to start I use a aluminum angle and cut one third in to each side. then bend the open end up to form the mounting bracket. all left is to drill the holes on the flat side the rod and for the wires, I drill a hole in the handle bar and rivet the modifyed bracket to it.

Attachments

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Dude....that's backyard engineering at it's best :)

Extremely clever thinking...you'll get a very slight bias towards the front brake due to the longer length of the rear cable and it's higher amount of cable stretch.

Absolutely brilliant!

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Lots of guys have done homemade dual pulls. Yours is a bit different, and fundamentally I am bothered by the single Phillips screw head cable clamp for 100% of your braking force. If the screw slips or cable breaks there.....no brakes at all.

We went through 3 or 4 designs of our own before deciding on a purpose made product.