Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default old and new

Hello everybody, I've been lurking about for a few months and now want to say hi to everybody on the forum. I'm 67 and I have tinkered with mechanical stuff all my life. I have slowly gravitated from cars and trucks to motorized bikes and mini bikes.I now have a stingray chopper that I modified the frame to accept a 7 1/2 hp Briggs with a cvt, jack shaft,disc brakes f&r, homemade muffler and exhaust system.I'll post pictures if I can figure out how.I'm now working on a 20" bike frame with a rear wheel and tire from a wheelbarrow, modified downtube and frame, homemade disc brake rotor on rear (with caliper from a riding mower), pinch brake on front, and a 5 hp Tecumpse motor (very lightweight package) I'm going for that big and little look. I only ride these around my wife won't let me have a real motorcycle (she fears for my safety, a fine thing in a wife) I'm very impressed with the expertise and skills I've seen displayed herein. So ride on wild men & ladies.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: old and new

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few do-it-yourself builders here who use other than kits to motorize their bikes. I think you'll feel right at home. Also you'll be pleased to know that you're no where near the oldest member. Have fun, ride safe and post those photos ( ) when you get the knack.
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"

Last edited by 2door; 05-16-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Gutter Rider

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to those picts!
Still gotta have a since of humor.
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

The people on here are good for more than just suggestions on bikes and motors.... If you need help with photos just post your problems.... I like using Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket.... Your bikes and skills sound awesome... i just want to see one hahaha.... good luck
Itís never too early to beef up your obituary...