Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

I got this free app for my Samsung Galaxy Prevail cell phone called " GPS Speedometer" free demo and Velcro the phone to the handle bars as I ride I now get a perfect digital speedometer, on the button accuracy ,there is even an rpm option for it. I have no idea how tf that works but it does. Here is what it looks like on the machine!!

Here it is Side ways

BEST APP EVER FOR A PHONE "GPS SPEEDOMETER"

Last edited by Jumpa; 01-28-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:19 PM

Hey Jumpa,

Is this app from Android? Also, do you need internet connection for this app to work?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Extra tire protection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
My nearly-new tire tube ripped @ the valve. It was the heavy-duty thick one. I felt bad just throwing it away. Instead, I cut out the valve and slit the tube all the way around on the inside. Then I wrapped the defective tube around the new tube and reinstalled it onto the rear wheel.

Extra protection!
I never toss away tubes I cut them up like you did and I will use a chunk as my clutch engage for rolling the bike around " My lock broke 2nd day I had it" I also use some cut up pieces in my patch kit nothing works better on a tube than actual tube! If you have a idler set up you can use tube chunk under that to help limit the movement, motor mounts for less vibe, same goes for tank installation if you don't have double sided tape there are so many uses for a holy tube. Shoot I may go buy one just to cut it up NAA!! That's not gonna happen just trying to make 7 feel better !! Has any one tried those jell life time tubes ?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
Hey Jumpa,

Is this app from Android? Also, do you need internet connection for this app to work?
Yes it is from Android Vin. It works on a lot of different phones I guess I'm not sure how it works I think it just works off the phone itself no internet needed just to dload the app I mean there is no way I can reach my wireless when I'm 2 miles away wifi isn't that good ...yet It even worked when I had my wireless disabled on the phone because I had the same question must work off the same thing the GPS does in your car ... satellite?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:43 PM

Thanks Jeepa, this seems really cool! I will try it out.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Gutter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
I adjust the carb on my Tanaka 47R engine quite often.

So now, I adjust my carb's "L" and "H" settings with the fingernail on my forefinger.

57, if you ever find yourself with spare adjustment needles, mail them to me, with some small brass threaded nuts of the appropriate size and I will braze or weld them on so you can have a nice little knob for making your adjustments.
Hate to see u pokin' at yer carb! lol
Best
rc
Old 01-29-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycase View Post
57, if you ever find yourself with spare adjustment needles, mail them to me, with some small brass threaded nuts of the appropriate size and I will braze or weld them on so you can have a nice little knob for making your adjustments.
Hate to see u pokin' at yer carb! lol
Best
rc
Thanks a lot, rc! I might take you up on that.

That's funny, the way you worded it, lol.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Hi,havent looked thru the hole thread but back to the fuel in tank problem in the beginning.a real easy way if your not concearned about how it looks and is easy to keep taps on fuel is to use the ways of archimedes,just put a T coupling just under the petcock and from that you mount a bit of clear fuelhose on the outside of the tank (uppwards).then you plugg it when its in level with the gascap.just a tip oon the cheaply side.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Gutter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpa View Post
I got this free app for my Samsung Galaxy Prevail cell phone called " GPS Speedometer" free demo and Velcro the phone to the handle bars as I ride I now get a perfect digital speedometer, on the button accuracy ,there is even an rpm option for it. I have no idea how tf that works but it does. Here is what it looks like on the machine!!

Here it is Side ways

BEST APP EVER FOR A PHONE "GPS SPEEDOMETER"
That is pretty kewl!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:01 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by monark View Post
Hi,havent looked thru the hole thread but back to the fuel in tank problem in the beginning.a real easy way if your not concearned about how it looks and is easy to keep taps on fuel is to use the ways of archimedes,just put a T coupling just under the petcock and from that you mount a bit of clear fuelhose on the outside of the tank (uppwards).then you plugg it when its in level with the gascap.just a tip oon the cheaply side.
That's a good tip. The "sight gauge" could even have the vertical run away from the tank, say on the seat tube or head tube. Thanks,
SB

Tags
advice, bicycle, motorized, repair