Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: take a tip...leave a tip...or a bunch of 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsnpieces View Post
And how much heavier does the bike become after you put lead into the handlebars? Really want to reduce vibration, but I struggle enough as it is to lift the bike... Which I have to do when I get home to put it onto the steps to make room...
Lead weighs alot. I mean come on.....it's lead!
This stuff always got good reviews from my customers when I worked in Harley shops. It weighs alot less that lead too.
Barsnake.com 2010 Barsnake LLC

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 01-24-2011, 11:46 PM

Default re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

Well, I know lead is heavy, just wondering how much I'd need to put in to stabilise the bike and how much heavier it'd become. LOL

Bar snake looks interesting, but that aside, are there any other alternatives? I head something about sand, but would be clueless as to how that would work...
Or what else is there? Lots of cotton wool to cushion it all? :P
Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 PM

You really do not need to completely fill up the handlebars with lead, just the ends. You could first try 6 or 8 ounces just in the first 1 to 2 inches of the ends of the bars. This is exactly what the bar end weights are as used on super bikes, only they are cast iron not lead. They are there to reduce handlebar buzz and steady the mirrors. For that matter you could just go out and buy bar end weights from any good motorcycle dealership or aftermarket shop. The handlebar diameter is identical too, 7/8".

Does not come with a fortune cookie."

Last edited by GearNut; 02-01-2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: tipoe
Old 01-31-2011, 06:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Hey forum,
I have a 48 cc grubee skyhawk motor on my bike. I also have a CNS carburator on it. I also replaced all the cheap chinese hardware with good strong american hardware. Other than that everything is stock. I have an Expansion chamber sitting in my garage which i am going to install once i break in the motor more as well as the new CNS carburator i purchase for it. I am running a 100:1 fuel ratio and just got the carburator where i want it. I finally got the carb tuned and the bike is running like a champ as of now. I am going to run a whole 2 tanks of 100:1 gas through it (is my first time ever using 100:1 fuel ratio it was 50:1)until i put the expansion chamber on. I have a list of parts i want to purchase for this bike until it is exacly what i want. My list begins with a jackshaft kit (standard jackshaft kit). Next, a boost bottle kit, "T" bars and finally nitrous kit. I did research on all these products and made up my mind to try and purchase and install all these parts on my bike until my bike is fully complete. I do not have any of these parts yet all I have right now is a CNS carb which is already installed, and expansion chamber which isnt. I am striving to get all these parts and install them after i get that expansion chamber on it and get the carb tuned once i install that expansion. I also wanted to get 26" all black rims on it. I saw a deal on spookytooth for both wheels at $45. I figured this was the best possible deal and was going to purchase them but spookytooth dissapeared from this site. Does anyone know what happened to it? Also do you have any advice for me and all the products i am going to install on my bike?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

"something else that makes a nice round hole for your gaskets is a brass bullet shell. "
^ This, and if you reload, take your chamfer tool, and sharpen the mouth of the casing. That + a block of wood = super cheap cutting tool.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:15 PM

The gun needs to be sighted in real accurate for distance hole locating
on the intake gasket,,,lol
Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Thanks for sharing tip idea...
Old 02-08-2011, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

how about getting a rim trued and then using jb weld around where all the spoke adjusters are so it can not move and become un trued?? if they cant move then would the wheel stay true? if a few did move then we could see the jb weld broken and know those are the ones that need to be adjusted.... just a thought and i am going to try it out soon or maybe some tape or gorillia glue .. what do you guys think?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thine82 View Post
how about getting a rim trued and then using jb weld around where all the spoke adjusters are so it can not move and become un trued?? if they cant move then would the wheel stay true? if a few did move then we could see the jb weld broken and know those are the ones that need to be adjusted.... just a thought and i am going to try it out soon or maybe some tape or gorillia glue .. what do you guys think?
Please tell me you're trying to be funny and joking. If not, the level of foolishness you are exhibiting is inversely proportional to your idealism. No offense. Spokes keep a wheel true via tension - which can easily change - possibly requiring adjustment. Your idea is too whiskey tango to possibly work. It is kinda funny tho, IMHO anyway

Last edited by The_Aleman; 02-08-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: clarification, as always
Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 AM
a guy who makes cool bikes

i'm with aleman on this. spoked wheels work because they flex. that's why soldering or ziptie-ing the crosses doesn't work, and that's why your idea won't work.

the JB weld would more than likely break up just from the wheel's natural tendency to flex, and then your innertube would have something to rub on and go flat.

if the JB weld actually held, then you wouldn't be able to true the wheel in the future, replace any damaged spokes, or re-lace in a new hub without having to clean up the mess.

if you want a solid wheel, get a solid wheel, like a mag wheel or something.

Tags
advice, bicycle, motorized, repair