Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

Well all of last year after I first bought it, it ran like a champ... though most of my rides are of short duration, only a few miles or so. I think the previous owner was a more regular rider, but to be fair, it's going on five years on this bike and not like these little engines are overly well made or reliable. Seems engines fail as often as any of the other components.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woogie_man View Post
Mark your magneto if you take it out of the motor. Putting it in upside down will cause you much pain and troubles......lol
Guessing it wouldn't fire at all as the piston would be at bottom.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:12 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I take my cheap sockets and use them to make holes in gaskets . Heck I even use a small socket to make holes in my belt .
Old 02-01-2016, 12:44 AM

Just came aware of using JIS instead of Phillips head screw driver tips. Japanese industry standard screw driver. Phillips and Reed Point mash JIS heads.

Wiki of screw driver tips

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_screw_drives

See part way down page for diagrams with angles show on screw driver tip.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/australi...drivers-3.html

19 degrees on the Phillips in addition to the 26.5 degrees angle, that is a difference that mashes up the JIS head screw. Easy outs, Super outs, Screw extractor fun time begins!

MT

Last edited by MEASURE TWICE; 02-01-2016 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Oh! Man you have horrible luck! I go for 50-60 mile rides with no issues. But I've learned to loctite evrey nut and bolt! And bring spare tubes & gas mix. Once you get all the bug worked out you should be fine. Goodluck!!!airwheel q5 unicycle
Spare tubes are definitely a necessity on long rides, never know what you're going to come across! I have a backpack with anything I could need each time I ride...especially with Summer around the corner, you don't want to be stranded in the heat!

Last edited by johnnywheels; 04-27-2016 at 06:04 PM. Reason: correction
Old 03-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Hello all:
I have a E-Z ROLL REGAL Trike I'd like to install an optional gas motor to it.
I'll probably play with it,but I want it for a friend of mine,she will not do anything on two wheels,and she's getting to be an older broad,this will get her back an fourth to the grocery store and maybe out of taking the soul train to work.
Any advice is good advice to me,thanks Barry
Old 03-06-2016, 09:01 PM

Hey Barry. Check out cheez fickenworth on Facebook, and I believe he has his own webpage now. Anyway, he sells the PK80 engines, which are a good combination of inexpensive and reliable.

Make sure if you're building it for her to ride on the roadways that you check the local laws on motorized bikes. Does it count as a motorized bike with 3 wheels? Do you need lights and mirrors? Is there a top speed limit? All these are things I'd worry about if I were to build one for someone else.

Also, a trike is somewhat heavy. Is she too old to pedal start the engine? If so, consider a pull start and centrifugal clutch (an extra $65 total for those items).
Old 03-06-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteride View Post
My Tip? Never attempt to ride a Motorized Bicycle further than you are prepared to push it back.
Or just keep a $20 somewhere in the bike, so you could always offer some guy with a pickup to give you a ride back... It worked for me.. I bought him $10 worth of gas for a 3 mile ride.. Or get triple A.. for 50 you get 5 free miles, and for 90 you get 100 free miles of towing.. not bad huh...
Old 03-06-2016, 09:44 PM

The road side service you may be OK, but for a forest service fire road many tow service plans will not go but 200 feet off the paved road. FYI, if you off-road!

Some fire roads in the parks are not passable with out good ground clearance, but others are gravel or hard packed and smooth, but rules are across the board and so I found out.

MT

Last edited by MEASURE TWICE; 03-06-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

great tips as always guys now im having an issue with a sticky clutch arm or possibly the spring that holds the disk in place maybe not. any ideas the bike is a huffy cranbrook beach cruiser and a black stallion 48cc motor will set up a picture AS SOON AS THE PHONE CHARGES

Tags
advice, bicycle, motorized, repair