Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

View Poll Results: what type of bicycle engine do you have
2 stroke bicycle engine 301 79.63%
4 stroke bicycle engine 66 17.46%
electric bicycle motor 6 1.59%
hybrid (more than one motor type) 2 0.53%
All the above 3 0.79%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Bicycle Engine

I have all of the above, in various stages of neglect.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:30 PM

Why is this in the 2-stroke forum? How many people with 4-strokes even look at this forum?

General discussion would be a better place for a 2-stroke, 4-stroke poll.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:47 AM

two stroke all the way. China girl is $25 per. HP dollar for dollar best power on the planet. next to the Chevy 350 $5.50 per HP LOL

Last edited by markeatmark; 10-03-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by deacon View Post
I have the two stroke china girl... the two stroke weed eater and my ebike engine in a box since I used the frame for the weed eater. I have a bike to put the ebike stuff on but I'm holding off I have bid on a chainsaw motor. If I get it I am going to try to rig it direct to a sprocket from a china kit.

Any comments or ideas would be helpful..
I was going to make a trailer. I would use spare front forks that bolt on to the rear tire. Next, make a box frame with ply wood sides. Lay a Horizinal front fork from a 16'' bike on the end and boom, you done. The motor can have a chain runing to A). The trailer's wheel or B). The rear wheel. Heres a video on how to run a chain from the chainsaw to the rear wheel:YouTube - how to make a chain driven chainsaw bike It may not help, but at least I tried!
[FONT="Courier New"]
Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 PM

take your pick I just gor a raw 2 stroke engine and mounted it tonight Is is light enough to sit in the frame on top of my dresser and has become my little toy motor it may one day take me to Santa Monica on santa Monica Blvd, for about a buck each way. I pedeled that distance when i was 13 and it took all day and kicked my ass I only had an hour atht e beach and had to pedel home so Id say 2 stroke Yeah
My hub motor is 2009 it is fast silent and easy on the juice. I can run it endlessly for free if I plug in at a strip mall or any outlet in america I could even hoolk up a solar charger on my roof at thome if that were stuid enough of an idea and I wanted to prove it. it is a horse and a half motor that can compete with the cheap two stroke for 30 miles and out on flat surface. If I had it on a lightweight beach cruiser it will do 40 so thats good too
aned last but not least is a outboard gear reduction type motor hooked to a leftside freewheel and sprocket controlled and volted to top out at 30 volt The seller was sued by so many mother for crackin open the heads of their kids that they got spooked and govern the dam thing but a electric motor geared down to 27 to one and hooked to a bike chain will get you there in a hurry LOL
Put somthin' Fun between Your Legs
when in doubt throw it out

Last edited by pre-war Schwinn; 02-22-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by thatsdax View Post
The 2 strokes are lighter by a few pounds and can mount more easy between the crank for a better center of Gravity and cost less and have a life of 1000-6000 miles depending on how you treat them.

The 4 stroke is much smoother, much quieter, and the 4 stroke 48cc Titan will run with and even out run the 70cc 2 strokes. So when you consider the 50cc Titan with the 70cc Dax 2 stroke, the weight is pretty close. Also, when the life of the 2 stroke is nearing its end, the 4 stroke Titan is just getting broken in.Also since the 4 stroke mounts behind you, it allows you to install on a full suspension bike and makes for a super smooth ride, and it is even more quiet to ride with the motor back there, and there is nothing intrusive on the top bar or between your legs. Also.. The Titan 4 stroke is an automatic making for twist and go operation. Also, it makes better torque. Also, the Titan rear mount will allow you to mount to a step through frame making for easy mount and dismounts.

So.. To sum things up, The 2 stroke is the Chevy, The 4 stroke is the Caddie. Some love Chevys, Some love Caddies... Enjoy the ride.....
Too bad that twist an go thing would make them illegal to ride where I live.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

You can't beat a Honda!

Last edited by gareth5000; 08-31-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Wink Re: Bicycle Engine

Need to re-poll or open it back up again, I think you know where I'm going here I hate 4-strokes......when they're broken But I've always loved 2-strokes.....true story!
EZ Motorbike Dealer - San Diego, CA.
Nothing is out of my realm,
if it doesn't fit, make it fit! Beer is the answer....what was the question?
A sense of humor costs nothing, why don't people use them more often?
"You can't buy have to earn it"
Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

OK, I am new to this, like as of today, but have been looking at the 2 stroke so far. Would like to know more about the 4 stroke options as well as some pics of the mounting, etc.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:04 PM

My latest mountain bike creation weighs 53lbs, has a 4.75hp 2-stroke GP460 engine, shifts thru an 8-speed tranny...

and flies like the wind.

Sure it spits oil, but no 4-stroke would be so light and nimble.

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 09-20-2010 at 05:07 PM.

4stroke, bicycle, engine, hybrid