Long Beach, CA Ride Sun April 3rd from El Dorado Park

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
My liver hurts!!! :(

Yes, it's true.... all the 'LA heads' broke off from the ride & went to a little biker bar named 'Mothers' on PCH & drank all day!!
It was the best party in town with a kewl blues band & the coldest beer in town!! (^)

When we first pulled up at the bar, everyone came outside to look at our bikes & they were telling us that they saw all 30 of us riding past & they were hoping that we'd come back!

This was a great ride, but in a way, I'm kinda glad we didn't make it down to HB to end up getting tickets for not having plates on our bikes!! ;)

YoungRemyRider

Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
it was great getting to know the community and learning how to fix a mb on the fly.

I suffered a couple of potential tragedies when my muffler cracked at the weld and started rolling down the PCH.

then I had a couple of fellow message boarders replace my clutch at a gas station while the chase vehicle caught up with us with my red hot muffler.

THEN, on the way back up Studebaker, about a mile away from the park, my pivot bolt on my front fork COMES COMPLETELY OUT at 25 mph...

I signaled to the chase vehicle again, pulled over, and called it a day.

overall I had a blast though and am grateful- of all days to have a complete breakdown, I had some real knowledgeable folk helping me out...
thanks edgar, mo sean and paul...

any chance of making that video public?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi
I also had a great time meeting everybody its funny putting faces to post names..also hung over a little ..had fun with norm and guys at mothers..
Cant wait to do it again..........

AhabChris

Apr 1, 2011
Orange County
I missed it and it sounded like a good time... if anyone is down for a weekend ride let me know in OC. I have never been riding with others would love to cruise PM me if your down

BobKrohn

Jun 10, 2010
SoCal
I had a GREAT time. Fairly new to these things so this was my longest trip so far. Really enjoy seeing all the creative ideas and workmanship.
Hope we all do this again soon.

RE: Video
Tried to capture it to my computer but no luck.
Didn't see a way to download it.
Is there another way to post it so this is possible?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Here are 77 pics of the ride thanks to my babe.
She gives good photo and the ride video, but got to get a real video camera.

https://picasaweb.google.com/gingienator/ElDoradoPhotos4311?feat=content_notification#

Click the Slideshow button in the top left
then F11 to full screen the slideshow for the best view.

You can then click the <-- --> buttons to watch at your own pace.
Click the x button on the far right of the bar to stop and return to the album.

Picassa is much cleaner and has a better slideshow than Photo#@*%et
once you understand how it works. Much less ads too. I won't even look
at Imagec#@&p

Last edited:

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles
Great seeing you again even if i didn't recognize you for a while...lol
Hey, we all used to live in Echo Park within a few blocks next to the lake.

Would really like to see your German bike in person. It was one of your masterpieces. Do you still have all your bikes?

I will make it up to a LA ride one of these days.
Haha..! Yeah, didn't recognize you at first, but the accent seemed familiar. Good seeing you as well. I still have have all the bikes, except I keep them at the shop in Burbank. However, you should still come over one of these days though. We'll make an LA ride soon.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I had a GREAT time. Fairly new to these things so this was my longest trip so far. Really enjoy seeing all the creative ideas and workmanship.
Hope we all do this again soon.

RE: Video
Tried to capture it to my computer but no luck.
Didn't see a way to download it.
Is there another way to post it so this is possible?
Hi Bob, what bike were you riding?
We will be doing another ride in Orange County 2 to 3 weeks after the Death Race in AZ
which is on April 16th?

The avi video file is 16.2MB.
If you PM me a gmail address I can email it to you.
Other email providers may not be able to accept files that large

Last edited: