Bike with the most miles on it.

GoldenMotor.com

CaliRebel

Apr 4, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
Does anyone think they have a China motor with the most miles on it that is still running?

Everyone's ridiculous claims are about how they have a bike that can do 50+, but I haven't heard anyone claim they've ridden 5,000 miles on one. I don't mean to fan the flames of embellishment, but I'm curious about what people think they've done on their bikes. Personally, I think 10,000 miles should be the minimum service life manufacturers aim for. I think Grubee Inc's site said something similar. At 10K mi someone can at least feel like they got a lot of use out of their motor, which at $100 is almost like maintenance.

Reactions: Akuma toTemshi

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Well, it's a similar problem as the speed claims in that there's rarely any accuracy and a lot of "guesstimates" - however I do know there's some "high milers" even if it's jus' logical deduction.

We've a handful of year-round daily drivers: http://motorbicycling.com/f16/commuting-cruising-27937.html - as an example I average roughly 6000 miles a year (GPS, which I don't use in the winter 'cause I like the poor lil thing heh) this being my third year as a constant commuter, the math is pretty easy lol ;)

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i can't be 100% sure, as i don't have a speedo, but my main bike's been on the road for over a year, and it's my only form of motorized transpo, and using "logical deduction" like B.A. mentioned above, i'm figuring it's got at least 8000 miles on it, and i just beat the heck out of it at the Death Race, and it's a heavily modified, almost 50mph bike.

nextpimp

Mar 28, 2011
NY
The following is me ... being me. I've kinda held off but his seems like a good place.

1st thought .... OMG ... now someone's gonna want PROOF =D . Like baird my mb is right now my only form of motored transport. My first engine HAD TO have given me 2k miles. That's CONSERVATIVE ... i feel good saying yes i got 3k, but No WAY i got near 4 or 5k. This being said I for one am not that mad at "cost/performance/distance" ratio based on my experience.

2nd thought ... what percentage of this perceived lack of durability has to do with the fact folks ARE trying to do 50+ with these things.... how many times you punched it down a hill?? downhill doesn't count?? lose control and i submit its all the same. Me personally i was ... NOT nice to my motor... and it died a death that may have been avoidable had motored a bit more ...ummm ..conservatively. To me 5k seems a reasonable expectation ... if you don't ride like ME.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Last time I talked to hookworm from decatur , he expected to be in the 10-12k range this year. Same bike and motor ,everyday rider, and can tell any problem just by the souund of engine.
It's all in how you ride and your mant. Ethic.
I have one friend who blew up two flying horse motors in one year, and it's deff cuz the way that nuckklehead rides . Way heavy on the oil and ethn. Gas = boom

Reactions: Akuma toTemshi

bmc_az

May 22, 2009
Tucson,Az
The bike I am riding at the moment is my OLD one and it has about 5 or 6 K on it and half of it was pulling a LOADED (100+ lbs) trailer didnt realize how down on power it was till I got lapped so many times at DR LOL
bmc_az