Bike will not move at all, Clutch locked

GoldenMotor.com

mastafoo

May 9, 2009
Florida
After I installed my new 80cc bike kit, I could drive around easily while the clutch was in the Neutral position. I actually almost got up to speed and started the motor. However, soon the clutch would suddenly lock and bring me to a halt. I cold somewhat fix this by moving backwards a bit and then moving forward. But now its stuck for good, and will not move regardless of the clutch position. This is my first build, and so far have not been able to run the motor. If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

16:1 fuel
"red bat" 80cc china engine
clutch: Friction Plate / Dry

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I think if you will remove the cover that has the front chain sprocket under it you will find the problem. I think your chain has bunched up and is jammed see if that isn't the problem if it is not then let us know.
Norman

mastafoo

May 9, 2009
Florida
Sorry for waiting so long. Looks like you were exactly right! It was bunched up, and now everything works great, I even got the engine started. The chain is tighter now so that doesn't happen anymore. Unfourtunately, the whole engine moves to the side after driving a bit which makes the chain fall, and I'm working on that issue right now. I'm using the "big frame adapter". It has some rubber spacers between the washers, I might try taking those out.

Still, I couln't be any happier smelling those first puffs of exhaust!

Thanks again for the info...