Another Tylar BTR Build

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Hey Robert I think your color choice is perfect. The bike will look great.

I have to say the frames are ART WORK and the price is right...Got to see Dan's work at the Grange Race...

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Goe black! but do a duel pin stripe either cream and olive green or orange and blue same color as the rims if its not to dark but really think about all the common colors every one else does, then think to yourself do you want it to look different then everyone else's or the same and also do a little research on old bikes you'll get a lot of ideas and options, after all it is a Taylar bike and you do want it to stand out among the rest

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Gold, Silver and Copper leaf is sweat but expensive!! now that the price of gold has gone up even at your'e local crafts store up-wards of $5.00 on top of what it used to be for 6 4"x 6"sheets and then you better read up on applications, the best way is to do the gold leafing is before a clear coat and then get the glue for the leafing at an actual auto paint supplier so there is no chemical reaction to the clear coat, Yes! I've done this before, lots of trial and failure but when you get it right it's TUFF!! so expariment on something first so you get the feel or technic down first and not mess up a good paint job
GOOD LUCK!!

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I won my Albion gear box yesterday. Unfortunately he won't ship out of the UK, so he's shipping to my wifes cousin and he will ship it to me. I emailed him my address along with one final plea. We'll see how that goes. It's not just the shipping but the extra time waiting for the part. Dan is ready to roll but we needs this first.

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
On my gearboxes, which shipped out of England, it took about 5 days via Parcel Force. It was not cheap, but considering the speed of the delivery and the relatively low cost of the boxes themselves, total price was acceptable.

I would recommend similar shipping.

btw, i emailed your seller about shipping to US, he seemed annoyed that I even asked.

Rich

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
The funny thing about that is, the only thing that is different is that they fill out a customs form to state the item description & value (30 seconds of work).
They still have to pack it, address it, & take it to the post office or freight depot, even when they send it locally. So I dunno why they think it's such a big deal.
I get parts from the UK regularly just via Royal airmail with no tracking, with no problems.
Anyway, thank God for your wife's cousin.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Nice wheelset! PLEASE! tell us what the brand is and where did you get them? they sure would look good with an olive green and cream dual pinstripe a nice grey pinstripe would look vintage too! visually any pinstripe would make the rim appear to be wider, what color tires,white,black,brick,brown or cream? if your looking for a decent price effective tire go to junkyrustybikes.com and look at there Duro brick pattern 26x2.125" tires they've got a large variety of colors. I have a pair of creamies on one of my bikes and love look and handling.
I saw a 1940's Hiawatha Cruiser in black & Yellow with the Yellow Duros and black rims with black spokes and it looked killer.
Just something to think about as you collect your parts & accessories

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Check out junkyrustybikes.com they're price's are a little cheaper a pair of Duro's $30.00 and if you go to there shop on Cherry Ave. in long beach they are $25.00 out the door
(that is if you live Cali ? and know the L.A. area)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I have Nirve, Innova, Electra, Vintage Electric kevlar, duro and all cream colored 26x2.125" and the duro's stack up to any of them!! not to mention the the Quick bricks are expensive and I'm going to get another pair of Duros, I wouldn't pay to much attention to the negitive comments about duro tires they've been in business for over 75 yrs and they must be doing something right, one more thing the Duro's have a heavier cream color to them.

Last edited:

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
The wheels set is just a worksman wheel set. One wheel has a moped hub laced to it. I think I'm going to go with the simplex tires. they will run a whopping $260 with tax and shipping but I'm kind of worried about the speed. My motor/gear box set up is the same as the lightweight British motorcycles of the 1920/30. This setup on those motorcycles were going 45-55MPH. I go 40-45 on my sportsman at times but I'm always thinking about the tires.

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
but Harry called my duros cheap :)
they are going ok tho.
what is a better grade if u want a better quality set? quick brick?
I think i said i thought youre tyres may be cheap, i wasnt aware of the brand but thought they were similar to the ones i bought off EBay, and was just mentioning because you said your bike rode like CRAP, and i mentioned it MAY be the tyres.

Maybe yours are better quality, maybe not, but ive ridden a lot of mountain bikes and gone through a lot of tyres: cross country, downhill and dirt jumping tyres and my tyres (and maybe yours) arent as high a quality as a Schawalbe Fat Frank or Maxxis Hookworm...... FACT!