Old No 2

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Were just going to name this one old No2. Its my second MoonDog it was the second shifter kit sold so 2 seems to fit.
I just got it mounted and tested today. Didnt run it much over ten or so mph (guessing) but ran it through the gears slowly and just gave her a little shake down and I can tell this is going to be a BIG difference. I hope you two are patting yourselfs on the back cause you should be. But heres some pic's of my new most favorite ride. Going to tear it down and do some small finishing things that I needed to do. I have to say the kit gives the bike a much better overall look now not having that second chain and gear on the back.
Later Terry

Attachments

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
No the pipe isnt supported yet just got it going today and just couldnt help myself and take it for a test ride. It is the stock Moondog gear set but the rims are 12 gauge. It had a 5 speed on it but had it changed out so I could test out the 7 speed with the shifter kit. Love starting this bike its like having a kick starter now.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Yes I have to agree that I like the older style od the Moondog compared to the other. I had just happen to pick up two of them for 80 bucks on ebay back in the spring I think it was. They were close enough that I went and picked them up and saved a bundle. So far my favorite bikes of all the bikes I own. Took her out tonight and ran around 25 mph in 4 or 5th and its some much quieter now with the shift kit and the lower rpms.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Nice, I like the green Moondog better than the orange. Is the frame shaped a little differently than the orange one?

It looks like your muffler is in a similar place to mine, so here's the mount I came up with. Simple but effective. I just used two of the little bottom straps for the CDI, one CDI bolt, 2 nuts, and a hose clamp.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
I agree Venice that she needs some apes. I had a set on but the throttle cable and clutch end up being to short. I found a 60 inch cable that I could use for both but have to hold off a bit form spending money till my checks start coming from my new job. Plus I took a 10 dollar pay cut some I have to buy wisely now.....dang it.

Yes Jason the green and blue ones are shaped alot different than the yellow. THey were selling this type on ebay for like a 100 bucks.

Later Terry