new grubee idel problem

GoldenMotor.com

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
i got my2010 48cc grubee kit put on my bike the other day and running, it starts right up and runs good but it will not idle thanks to the e.p.a the idle screw is epoxied shut so i am unable to mess with those screws also i have moved the clip that's on the throttle needle up and down with no positive results will this problem go also i have gone over the choke cable as well as the throttle cable what else can i do?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

Epoxy on the idle set screw?!? Really? Can we get some pictures if ya have the chance?

I've heard some manufacturers plug or otherwise disable the fuel/air mix set (some Mercury/Yamaha outboards)... but never the idle adjustment... that's just weird... Perhaps it's a mistake?

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
almost 99% of the time you need to run the air screw all the way in. which means you need a bigger pilot jet mikuni series 22 jets fit the cns carbys. I am yet to find a main jet to replace the cns solder and reamers is the way to go

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
o_O

Epoxy on the idle set screw?!? Really? Can we get some pictures if ya have the chance?

I've heard some manufacturers plug or otherwise disable the fuel/air mix set (some Mercury/Yamaha outboards)... but never the idle adjustment... that's just weird... Perhaps it's a mistake?
Just about every carbed motorcycle has the fuel screws capped off.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If they epoxied it, just use some acetone or MEK to soften it, and dig it out.

Worst case scenario- use the cable adjuster on the top of the carb to pull the slide up slightly, so it will idle high enough.