finished mine!!! well sorta

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very nice. Congratulations. I do have a question about what looks like lightening holes in the fork. That is a critical structural member and if those are indeed holes I'd be careful of the kind of terrain you ride on. Weight reduction is not really a factor you need to be concerned with on a motorized bike. Better to have the strength in my opinion. Otherwise you should be proud of your build. Nice job on the custom tank.
Tom

DEVIANTSCC

Dec 26, 2009
Portland, OR
i did it more for the look, i know drilling a few holes wasnt going to lighten it up any. but the holes are small. i still have alot of steel on the forks and with the solid mounted rods, the front end doesnt budge. on the other hand, i just put around with it :) thank you for the compliment though

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i like it, but i agree with 2door. even at low speeds, one good pothole could wipe you out. one of my biggest fears is breaking a fork at speed, which would result in a catastrophic crash. i check mine all the time, and wouldn't build a bike with damaged forks, not even if i was just gonna cruise it. forks are designed to flex, and even with the truss rods you built, it just might not be able to take it.

but seriously, that's the only real flaw in it. i think the bike looks really cool.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Okay. Second look and I'm really curious about the kickstand. I see the rear wheel is elevated off the ground but I can't see how the stand works. Does it fold or is it removable? Details please?
Tom

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Nice build! i think you should leave it unpainted, it looks really cool..

I have to agree with previous posters.. Do yourself a favour and switch the fork before anything bad happens..