old 60's schwinn

GoldenMotor.com

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
bought this old shcwinn on a job i was on for 10 bucks its all complete,and in riding condition,aww and it a fleet 24inch.should i try to restore it or put a motor on it with a spinger and ape's?is it worth restoring?well cant upload a pic says to big

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it wouldn't take much to restore it, you can still get most of the parts, but i'd just clean it up, get some heavy duty rims and slap a motor on it. worksman makes 24's, that's about the best you can get, but they're about 200 bucks.

i've got a 24", 1939 Colson, and it's an awesome bike. the smaller size gets a little squirrelly at high speeds, but i like it.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Don't restore it!!! Clean it up & keep it original!

A wise man once said, "You can restore something 1000s of times, but it's only original once!" ;)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
That's a really nice, solid ride you've got there. If you go with heavy duty 2.125 rims and have trouble fitting the fenders, M me and I think I can help you. I have a couple 63 Americans and the frames are very well made. Great bike! The rear rack is a winner, too. They don't make 'em like that anymore. Ten bucks, huh?
SB