Possible Problem With Engine?

GoldenMotor.com

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
Ok I'm not sure why this happens. Me and 3 of my friends have these skyfire engines on our bikes. All the same engines but we all have different bikes. Anyways after the engines have been turned off for about 20-30 minutes and we go to start them back up and started moving again everyone is able to pedal a few times and start up no problem but I always have to go the extra mile and pedal to have at least 10mph going and then finally let out the clutch. When I try and let the clutch out when they do my wheel always locks up and doesn't spin. Why is this? I have my weight on the bike but the bike still manages to skid if I don't have a lot of momentum. Any ideas?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It could be improper lubrication (fuel pre-mix ratio), not enough grease in transmission ( only a pea sized blob every hundred miles) , crazy high compression ratio (most likely not), engine drive chain tension too tight, bad drive chain (links too stiff to freely flex) Rear chain alignment is off. Just to name a few off of the top of my head.

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
It could be improper lubrication (fuel pre-mix ratio), not enough grease in transmission ( only a pea sized blob every hundred miles) , crazy high compression ratio (most likely not), engine drive chain tension too tight, bad drive chain (links too stiff to freely flex) Rear chain alignment is off. Just to name a few off of the top of my head.
Well I've got about 250 miles on my bike. Just switch to a 24:1 ratio right now so it can't be the mix. The chains got some slack and is not that tight so I think I'm good there. I do have a couple stiff links in my chain and it is off alignment a little. The engine wasn't mounted 100% so the chain is kind of slanted to the left if you look at it length wise while it goes into the engine.