carb settings

GoldenMotor.com

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
Does anyone know? what the settings are for the new 66cc nt carbs. I know the other ones are 4 and half turns and their set! I tried that, it does not work like that! so if anyone has one of these, please let me know what the setting is thanks.flg.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Turn screw all the way in(clockwise), start engine, put choke lever down, turn screw(counterclockwise) out slowly til the engine starts to stall, turn screw(clockwise) back in 1/2 turn.

If that doesnt work u hav a airleak (washer an oring dosent work all the time, mine got sucked into my engine and probally melted somewhere in the muffler) use gasket maker or silicone on intake.

Last edited:

LAboy

Nov 28, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I have new RAW engine,...when I adjusting carb. screw I can't hear any changes. I think I have air leak too, so how to fix it?

PaulFlorida

Dec 4, 2009
central florida
I have the old carb, and it only has an idle adjustment that incrementaly raises the slide, like opening the throttle a fraction. Besides that, does the new carb have anything other than needle clip adjustment? I just installed the CNS carb and I completely recommend it if you've modded the motor. Comes set rich at all positions, so you'll have to go down on the main, and lower the needle.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
If you have a airleak, take carb off of intake, rub some gasket maker around intake and around the inside of carb where the intake gos into,slide back on and tighten. Also unscrew throttle cable from top of carb,rub some gasket maker around the threads and screw throttle back on.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I have the old carb, and it only has an idle adjustment that incrementaly raises the slide, like opening the throttle a fraction. Besides that, does the new carb have anything other than needle clip adjustment? I just installed the CNS carb and I completely recommend it if you've modded the motor. Comes set rich at all positions, so you'll have to go down on the main, and lower the needle.
what kind of mods?

PaulFlorida

Dec 4, 2009
central florida
26" specialized 66cc BGF motor 27 tooth sprocket. MODS: CNS carb, matched stock intake, 3mm wider 1mm lower intake port, 3mm wider 1mm higher exhaust port, 2mm wider transfer ports (stock timing), slant head, SBP thin head gasket, SBP exhaust (matched flange as far as I dared to exhaust port), Accel wire and boot, NGK spark plug, toasted clutch plates, broken rear mount block. 43mph down hill police radar, guessing 37 or 38 on the flat. The head took away some over-rev, but it was worth the torque increase every where else. 27 teeth on the sprocket means peddaling to 10mph.