Ipod

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I was just wondering if any other people ride with their Ipod or Mp3.
I just got an Ipod with some good headphones that block out everything but the music and I cant wait till my next build is done. I have no MB at the moment but i think riding with one will make it that much more enjoyable.

What do you guys think about riding with an Ipod?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
In some states it is illegal... tho TBH I never left home w/o my headphones in alla my motorcycling days lol

So long as ya have mirrors and ride sensibly I've never seen anything wrong about it - but it's good to keep the volume down just enough to keep tabs on your environment, the potential complaints of your bike part of that ;)

Now fiddling with yer MP3 player/cellphone/GPS/whatever while yer riding IS somethin' that's likely to get you in a ditch somewhere :p

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
riding with headphones is labeled as distracted driving. you could however get a mountable battery op speaker and mount it to the handle bars and still be within the laws

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
riding with headphones is labeled as distracted driving. you could however get a mountable battery op speaker and mount it to the handle bars and still be within the laws
Maybe if you had a 4stroke. I dont think you would be able to hear one on a 2smoker. That would be a nice feature to have on a bike though.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Dude that is soo sick!!!! It would be a really good idea to come up with something like that to sell for all of us on the site. Someone would make BANK. Again that is soo sick..I wish I wish I had one of those! Nice work

Last edited by a moderator:

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Thanks Tcams,Yeah I was very happy with how it came out.I read some reviews online about the amp and they were all good,I was a little sceptical on the amp but went ahead and order it.I could not believe how powerful this little sucker is,it weird the things only 6inch long fits in the palm of my hand,and yet it pumps my speakers,I'm totaly sold on it.Ofcorse the amp wont push no big speakers,but thats okay,the speakers I'm using are small,so its great for me.The amp was 30 bucks from partsexpress.com,The speakers were from my old suround sound I bought from best buy for 40 bucks 3 years ago,which also was a great deal cause it came a powered subwoofer and (6) 3inch speakers, 2 of which I'm using for my bike.So Im thinking of ordering 2 more of the amps,so I can hook up my other two MB's with great sound.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
The amp is on my long list of toys. I bumped it up a few. I plan on installing a 12v w/
head/tail lights and a 12v horn. Is it possible to add the amp to the battery as well?
:):):) Thanks for the link!