Mighty fine front suspension (as seen on eBay)

GoldenMotor.com

diegom

Nov 19, 2009
Cagliari, Italy
hi guys,

I came across this auction on fleebay:
Vintage Motorized Bike 60 cc Engine RunsGood NO RESERVE:eBay Motors (item 120500216856 end time Dec-10-09 15:10:44 PST)

being new to the game, I've never seen a front fork like that, with a small horizontally-mounted spring... it looks "mighty fine" to me!

has anyone seen it before? I'd love to see better pics of it... i've asked the seller if he could provide some and his answer was to download the pics from the ad and zoom! :) yeah right, as if with 500 pixels you can go very far...

:-||

so I'm asking here... can anyone help?

or maybe you know what bicycles used it, so I can try to search online?

thanks so much!

diego

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
That type has been around for a long time. They now make very inexpensive reproductions of it too. I never liked the way steering geometry changes when moving through it's range of motion but it has been used a lot.
JMO,
Dave
KC

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Schwinn springer fork image by Downtownscoot on Photobucket Here is a detail photo of the Reproduction Schwinn Springers that Schwinn made in 1996/1997 They are based on the ones they put on bikes in the 40's and 50's The chrome ones like in the one on ebay (even though the one you linked to is painted red) are cheap chinese copies that sell for around $50.00 The Real quality Schwinns seem to bring well over $100.00 and can go even to $200.00 - $300.00 depending on weather or not they are locking and weather or not there are keys available for them. The locking versions also require the proper head set for the lock to work.

ocscully