I got it running the first time and had so much fun!!!

GoldenMotor.com

I Love My Bicycle

Nov 21, 2009
Canada
Bwahahaha!!!

It was a pain in the arse to get it running initially. Luckily, there's a bike trail right behind where I live and it has several deep slopes.

Anyways;

1. I tried using the Kill Off Switch but I don't think it worked. My engine continued to run after I pressed the switch.

2. Is it possible to kepp the engine idle? How?

3. How can one check the idle's RPM?

4. How do one clean the muffler and when should one do so? There's quite a bit of the black oily stuff.

5. IThe bike's kinda rough rough/uncomfortable to ride. Is it supposed to be so? There's sso much vibration. Holy cow...my back.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
1. I tried using the Kill Off Switch but I don't think it worked. My engine continued to run after I pressed the switch.

They are known to be crappy, some just don't use them...let the clutch out to kill it, or pull the choke up to kill it.

2. Is it possible to kepp the engine idle? How?

Turn that screw in on the left side of the carb until it will idle.

3. How can one check the idle's RPM?

Just turn the screw until it will idle and sound about right.

4. How do one clean the muffler and when should one do so? There's quite a bit of the black oily stuff.

Don't worry about that yet, but DO mix your fuel at 24:1 for break in, then go to 32 or 40:1 after a tank or two.

5. IThe bike's kinda rough rough/uncomfortable to ride. Is it supposed to be so? There's sso much vibration.

Could be running really rich by the sound of it. The DO vibrate some, but it gets better with a few (hundred) miles....Holy cow...my back.
........................................................................................................................................

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
i've been using Opti-2 on all my bikes and don't have to monkey with fuel ratios. 1 pack to one gallon of gas (I use premium) and you're good to go. Less smoke, less black greasy funk, less hassle and no measuring..The packs cost a couple bucks at any Ace Hardware.

dnut