Smoke

GoldenMotor.com

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
A buddy and i mixed 2 oz of sea foam with about 6 oz of mixed gas and it made a decent amount of smoke. This was pretty badass but we still wanted more. So i pose the question: Does anyone know of some other additive out there that will produce smoke without hurting the engine?

Last edited:

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
A buddy and i mixed 2 oz of sea foam with about 6 oz of mixed gas and it made a decent amount of smoke. This was pretty badass but we still wanted more. So i pose the question: Does anyone know of some other additive out there that will produce smoke without hurting the engine?
is sea foam? foam from the sea?......... googling this sea foam.

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I wouldn't constantly use seafoam in any engine. Especially not a 2-stroke. It will wear the bearings out.

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
According to the directions on the can you add 2 oz per gallon with a 2 cycle. I added 1 oz to my last tank of gas figuring that the tank is actually slightly larger than 1/2 gallon. It smoked a little more than usual at first, but now I'm not noticing any extra smoke and I'm about 1/2 way through the tank. And no I wouldn't run seafoam constantly, it's not meant to be used all the time. When this tank is done I will have a look through the park plug hole and see if the top of my piston looks any cleaner. I'm kind of skeptical myself, but I have heard from a number of reliable people that this stuff works, so we'll see.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
ATF. automatic transmission fluid. i dunno how much to add to your bike, but a "buddy" of mine poured about a capful into my honda civic carb once, and it was full james bond smokescreen for about 6 blocks.
did he also buy you a new cat converter after that? because he owes one ofter that....

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
Anyone that asks shy wouldn't really understand. Its just cool, im not gonna be riding with this all the time but every once in a while its just BA.

I might try that ATF idea though i doubt i can buy that in small amounts.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Anyone that asks shy wouldn't really understand. Its just cool, im not gonna be riding with this all the time but every once in a while its just BA.

I might try that ATF idea though i doubt i can buy that in small amounts.
You actually can get it in small amounts because ATF is also used in power steering, and some brake systems. So you can get small bottles for power steering top up. <-- ask me why I know about that ...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
in these tiny engines, i bet you could pull the dipstick out of your car's transmission, drip a few drops into your fuel line, and go spyhunter smokescreen your whole neighborhood.

in my car, all it took was a small capful straight into the carb, and it created a cloud you couldn't even see through for about a half mile.

good luck. and i'm glad you don't live on my street...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i dunno. ATF is pretty harmless. i know it cleans out the oil system, though. i used to run a quart in my honda civic autocrosser the day before i'd change the oil.

but look at it this way. if he fires out a giant smoke screen and then blows up his motor, he can lay down an oil slick, too...

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
listen boys, after seeing this thing run through about a 1 to 1 ratio of seafoam and gas, i think it could handel a few drops of this stuff.

BTW, chrisme, how do you know that?

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
How about smoke oil from the R/C world?
My brother actually had a buddy analyze that stuff in a lab because he didn't want to pay the price (Used to be big into 1/4 scale and then recently giant scale pattern flying), and all it ended up being was roughly 45% diesel, 45% Dextron II and 10% smoke machine fluid.

Thing of it is the RC smoke is pumped into the exhaust via a spray bar into some stainless steel screen not through the engine.

Hmmmmm.....this gives me an idea! laff