Schwinn Del Mar

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i currently have my engine on a roadmaster mountain bike and my mother bought me a bike,i picked out a Black schinn del mar cruiser from walmart,the bikes were selling fast only 2 cruisers to pick from besides mountain bikes,this one had a rear rack and better fenders.it's a single speed with coaster brakes and large spring seat.

before i switch the engine over i could use any tips and help i can get.
i will search the forum for other examples of the delmar.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
tommorow i will check to see if my sprocket will fit over the dust cover on rear wheel,if not i will probally remove the dust cover in stead of making the sprocket hole bigger.
plus i have to put a notch on the rear fender for chain.
and i'll have to see what mounts to use for the front bar,maybe a double front mount or something,i dont want to drill.and i'll probally put the tank on the rear rack.
and i'll have to see if my peddals will clear the wide dual start engine or i'll have to put my short crank peddals on if i have to.

Attachments

Last edited:

ThatPerson

May 11, 2009
Southport, NC
my uncle has a Del Mar with a black 80cc mounted and it looks good. I'll get a pic tomorrow for you. You will have to notch the rear fender and also make a front mount for the engine since it's got a large down tube. I can tell you that the bike rides really nice. I like it more than my Huffy Cranbrook.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
the bike looks nice. i'll post pics of mine when i can.
i have my engine installed on my delmar.
its mounted real high with custom mounts.
the stock muffler fits the bike.
i had to adjust the chain and tensioner a few times and now its good
i notched the fender and i have a spacer on the rear sprocket and removed the dust cover.
my fuel tank is mounted on rear rack.
i changed my sparkplug.

my engine is wide with dualstart pull or peddal and is dual clutch too.

Last edited: