SBP Expansion Chamber Exhaust Pipe

GoldenMotor.com

PikeHook

Apr 7, 2009
St.Cloud,MN
I was just wondering if anyone is running this exhaust..What kind of power increase people are getting with it and where in the power curve it seems to help the most...I was think when this first came out there was a tunable pipe I use to run on my trx 250r..The expansion chamber was in 2 pieces and slipped inside each other so you could change the size of it to tune it for your needs...more low end or more top end..It's pretty straight forward..I can't see why it wouldn't work for all of us who like to tinker with these little engines..

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Download the installation instructions and read through the second section. It details tuning the pipe. That should answer most of your questions.

As far as performance gains our testers reported between a 3 and 5 mph increase in top speed. They also showed a huge gain in acceleration.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Very cooool! I am getting one you guys did the work now I want it lol. It all makes good since to me.

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
I would concur with ghost. It's probably the second best upgrade I've done. I gained about 3mph top end "kept my pipe long" but noticed a significant low end increase. Before I needed to pedal up to about 5mph so the engine wouldn't bog on my 50cc, it's down to around 3mph now. I can actually take off from a stop, but prefer to pedal up a little. Acceleration is much quicker. I don't think the pipe is much loader then the stock, but it has a much more noticeable sound. It just sounds more like a 2 stroke bike now, so it attracts more attention. The stock muffler I always thought people turn to look because they wonder why that lawn mower is getting closer. :D

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Mines coming any day now! I just love the brown truck when it comes . In this case its the post man just as good!!!