Question about exhaust/pipes?

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have seen end caps made out of things like chain link fence post caps. When drilling the exhaust hole start small and open it up a little at a time, since you wont have the tube like the original the drilled hole can be smaller. It kinda like blowing through a straw then blowing through a 1/4 flat washer, more air will travel through the washer because of less drag or turbulence.

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
I have seen end caps made out of things like chain link fence post caps. When drilling the exhaust hole start small and open it up a little at a time, since you wont have the tube like the original the drilled hole can be smaller. It kinda like blowing through a straw then blowing through a 1/4 flat washer, more air will travel through the washer because of less drag or turbulence.
Thanks, Also graydog8josh help me over skype its not that loud anymore and gets the job done for right now.

48ccbiker

Apr 5, 2013
California
Pistol, around 3/8" hole is just about right. You could also stick a pipe into the washer hole so it goes up into the muffler which would lessen the sound. then of course weld it to the washer.