Can anyone recommend replacement for HF Predator 79cc stock carburetor ?

GoldenMotor.com

chrisnbush

Jan 10, 2008
Richmond, NH
I was rejetting the carb, and the threaded tube where the bowl bolt goes, to tighten up the bowl, just broke off - a piece of it. Cheap crap.

I don't want to wait 4-6 weeks for a HF replacement, anyone have first hand experience with another that works ? AGK sells reworked carbs, but not sure I trust them, the #80 jet they suggest for the HF 79cc stock carb + their high flow air filter did not work for me, way too rich I think.

Best might be to wait 4-6 weeks, but does anyone know of a replacment that would be close to stock ?

Thanks

:-||

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I bolted on the re-worked stock carb from AGK to my 99cc pred and it works great and didn't have to make any adjustments whatsoever.

It should work fine for the 79cc Pred as well methinks.

chrisnbush

Jan 10, 2008
Richmond, NH
Yeah, despite my problems with jetting the #80 they recommend (again isn't working for me with their high flow filter + an open exhaust header pipe), I would have bought it EXCEPT it is on backorder. Do these guy ever have any stock ? Cripes, its ridin season...

chrisnbush

Jan 10, 2008
Richmond, NH
Well, I was looking for more of a bolt on replacement. Didn't want to have to hack together a manifold. Thanks though - at least something else that will work.