HS 142 Ignition Timing

GoldenMotor.com

fredgold52

Dec 3, 2009
Illinois
First of all, my engine runs very well. What I'm asking about is related to ignition timing. Now and then the engine will 'kick back' and jerk the rope handle out of my hand. Should that be happening? My Enfield used to do that but I had its timing set on the ragged edge. I have since retarded it a bit and no more kick back.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this? Is the timing even adjustable?

I'm well aware of what can happen if an engine is too retarded. But there is usually a range of settings in which there is no danger to the engine.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Now and then that will happen. If you want to minimize that, lightly pull the rope until the engine is near it's compression stroke, let it back in, then pull it firmly.

Using this method you can often get the engine to kick off on first try, as you will have already primed the fuel system by turning the engine.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
First of all, my engine runs very well. What I'm asking about is related to ignition timing. Now and then the engine will 'kick back' and jerk the rope handle out of my hand. Should that be happening? My Enfield used to do that but I had its timing set on the ragged edge. I have since retarded it a bit and no more kick back.
The Honda GXH 50 cc has a compression release built into the cam.

The Huasheng 50 cc clone does not have the compression release.