Mini What?

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
This is the culmination of a bike I started a while back. It was going another direction when it became the victim of parts robbing. Wasnt much left but the frame and wheels. When I parted out another build, I suddenly had an assortment of parts to build what I call a junk box bike. It actually came together pretty well for what it is. My wife immediately thought it cute and was interested in motorized bicycle riding again(right!). She started calling it Mini Me. Any way it is a great travel bike, loosen the handle bar bolt and fold em foward and it fits easily up right in our Subaru. Gearing is for a 30 top end so it should actually be able to run errands(beer store) on vacation. I know the pink fork needs to go. The bike will be black I think. Needs some final details, but the inital rides were a hoot!

Attachments

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks for the + comments guys. The suspension seat rides real well, it is double sprung, the seat springs smoothing the minor bumps and the shock handling the major ones.

Truth be known SB if my wife had a say the whole thing would be pink, she would really love it if I found some vintage Strawberry Short Cake accessories, course then she would have to make all the store runs. That aint happening.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Just about finished, got some fenders Ive had forever mounted, now its an all weather ride. Never know when you will hit one of those pop-up thunderstorms while vacationing at the beach. I knew this thing was fairly fast, turns out to be 35mph GPS. Its a lot of fun blasting along that fast on something so small and nimble. It requires a bit of pedaling to save the clutch on starts, which it never did on the 26" bike the G4 had been on. Turns out it has an 11t secondary drive sprocket that was used on the shifter bike-no wonder! It needs a 9t, that will make it easier to live with, but Im spoiled by the top speed. I had to take an inch out of the cranks as they hit the ground in a tight turn if not level. All it needs now is a headlight and a black paint job.

Attachments