CNS Gen B bowl will not stay full!

GoldenMotor.com

etownbuy

Jul 24, 2011
Cecilia, Ky
I have a Grubee Skyhawk GT5 66cc

so I have a issue I have been messing with the bike try to get it to run decent. I got it to idle good. I drilled the jet to a 65 and that helped the top end. it still has some issues part throttle I have the c-clip in the center of the pin may need to give a little more fuel. I have put a manic Billet CNS intake on and replaced the clamp screw with a hex head bolt so it is not loose and does not leak at all.

My issue now and always has been the bike will run great for roughly a mile at a time (tops out around 35mph verified by a car beside me) then it leans out and dies if I stop and flick the fuel line with my finger bubbles will come up from the bowl taking fuel then it will start and run good again till it drains the bowl! I took the carb apart the float is set to level like everything suggests the valve/needle goes up and down with the float but sometimes will stick in the hole. if I blow into the fuel feed line the float controls flow like it should?

Is there anyway to attach the needle to the float so when the float drops it pulls the needle down? and inside the needle there is a spring, pin and collar. the first time I took it apart the pin and spring fell out I put the long side towards the spring and pressed the collar into the base to hold it all together this is the only way that made sense to me is this right?

I have upgraded the fuel feed to a 1/8" npt to 1/4" hose fitting at the tank with a inline ball valve and filter with clear hose to rule out that issue.

What am I missing here?
:-||