Worksman frame alignment issues

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Unless the wheel is off-axis, not perpendicular to the ground, I'd just have the rear wheel re-dished. If this is not the case and it's not due to shipping damage, but a flaw in manufacturing, I'd send it back post haste and demand they pay the shipping...both ways!

Sorry to hear of this.

Mar 9, 2008
Kodiak, Alaska
I had thought of re-dishing, but the problem is that the seat stays and the chain stays aren't parallel with each other. So if I get it straight on the seat stay, then the chain stay is off...and vise versa.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
SM, I too recently got a Worksman from the factory and was underwhelmed by the quality of assembly. I didn't get the newsboy so my two top tubes are parallel all the way back. Well, not really. There was nearly 1/2" difference from front to rear. Since I am cutting and extending the frame and putting in a drop loop I can correct that. I've not heard any other remarks to this issue, so I just thought it was a fluke. Good luck. Dan

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Andy,
I will call Worksman in the morning and see what they have to say. If it lines up at the bottom and not the top then there is a frame issue. We will solve the problem.