I've lost count

GoldenMotor.com

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
This is bike number.......who knows, I've lost count. Since coming back from Iraq in November I've built so many MB's I've lost count on which number this one is. I'm getting better and better at building them and can't wait to start the next bike. This is a bike my neighor brought me to motorize for him. It's called a "Shogun" but I'm pretty sure it's the same as a cranbrook, or very close. This is actually the first time I've used this style of handlebar though and after riding it I kinda like it.

Attachments

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I think the market found me, lol. Didn't sell any right away but tax returns started coming in and "boom" sold all of them plus some. I'd say I've built probably 12 or 13 bikes since I got back and I've sold all but the two I'm building now.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I think the last bike I built was #15. I am going to quit counting from now on. I know what you mean about those 10" riser handlebars. To me they are the most comfortable on almost any bike. I know alot of the people don't like the looks of them on cruiser bikes and Mt. bikes, only on choppers, but I have to go for the comfort if I am going to be riding it.

John

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I use some new bikes, some I rebuild from the ground up. It all depends on how much money I want to put into one at the time. If I use a used frame I'll sell the bike for a little less than if I were to use a new bike. I sold the blue murray and the crimson murray for $350 each and sold the cranbrook and shogun for $450 each. The purple Huffy mountain bike only cost me $13 dollars from goodwill and it had never been ridden, it was donated to them by walmart because the kickstand broke off of it. I sold it for $350 and I just had an offer of $750 for the Micargi Rover 7 spd. The Schwinn with the silver tank sold for $450 and the Trek I'm building now will be for sale for $750.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Hey, not bad money!

Do you ever do Craigslist.com? there's a vintage Schwinn Cruiser on there today here in jacksonville for $25 for instance.

If I wasn't getting on and didn't have arthritis, I'd probably be doing the same- I could have cranked out probably one a day in my prime,

well at least the build- maybe not the particulars-

now I just tighten up- afraid I won't even be able to ride much longer- oh well- maybe next time around

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I've actually sold two of my bikes off of craigslist.com but I can never find any vintage bikes in our local area on there. But, I keep looking every night hoping I'll run across a good deal. I have figured out though that I'm not happy, not truly happy, unless I'm working on a bike.