Your thoughts please :)

GoldenMotor.com

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
Hey guys..

I got an 80cc 2 stroke china engine.. Just wanna know what will happen if i run my bike with out the cap at the end of the exhaust pipe..

Thanks..

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
It'll reduce back pressure, lean the mix a touch and righteously piss off the neighbors, pedestrians, and the random law enforcement officer while providing only a minor gain in performance.

Many do it and enjoy the effect, though a more reasonable alteration would be a reduction of the internal baffle and/or drilling holes but leaving the end cap on.

Personally... no offense intended really, but I think it kinda halfassed and a touch ghetto insofar as a "performance" mod goes. Aftermarket expansion chambers can be really inexpensive and while reducing back pressure helps - it's really the pressure wave reflection that results in real performance with a two stroke.

Usually I'm content with the philosophy "to each their own" and if ya digit - so be it... But what with the legal shaky ground in regards to these MBs I'm just not gonna be all that enthusiastic about something that isn't going to do much more than anger everyone other than the rider himself. Honestly, much as I dearly love these bikes - if I had a neighbor who pulled the endcap... I'd be tempted to mace the SOB lol

Last edited:

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
It'll reduce back pressure, lean the mix a touch and righteously piss off the neighbors, pedestrians, and the random law enforcement officer while providing only a minor gain in performance.

Many do it and enjoy the effect, though a more reasonable alteration would be a reduction of the internal baffle and/or drilling holes but leaving the end cap on.

Personally... no offense intended really, but I think it kinda halfassed and a touch ghetto insofar as a "performance" mod goes. Aftermarket expansion chambers can be really inexpensive and while reducing back pressure helps - it's really the pressure wave reflection that results in real performance with a two stroke.

Usually I'm content with the philosophy "to each their own" and if ya digit - so be it... But what with the legal shaky ground in regards to these MBs I'm just not gonna be all that enthusiastic about something that isn't going to do much more than anger everyone other than the rider himself. Honestly, much as I dearly love these bikes - if I had a neighbor who pulled the endcap... I'd be tempted to mace the SOB lol
Haha.. I wasn't gonna do it.. Was just wondering why some people do it.. Cause i thought it would just be bad for the engine cause of the lack of back pressure.. And yeah my bike is completely illegal in my country.. laff

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I lost the endcap at a rally while ridding. Dunno, about 8 guys on EZMs and Wizzers and me on my ChinaGirl. When it fell off, every one heard it over their own bikes in a good bit of traffic! She became my back-up MB and I rode her off and on for a few months like that. Seemed to make no difference at at all. Guys at the rally said I picked up speed but speedo said no. Engine is still fine 18 months later.

(After the endcap fell off, the tank loosened and on a ride, I was holding it up with one knee and screaming; "Not in front of the Wizzers, not in front of the Wizzers!" LOL)