'38 Whizzer for sale

GoldenMotor.com

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Here is all the info:
It is with GREAT REGRET that I have to sell this.

I am in a greedy situation where I need to come up with funds quickly to buy something else I really dont need.

I bought this almost exactly as you see it. The previous owner went nuts restoring it. It was in museum shape when I bought it. It was in a Lawyers office in the San Diego area for display and never ridden. After I bought it I managed to put some nicks and scratches on her, with the help of my boys.

It is badged "Arnold Schwinn, Ace" and is a 1938 Schwinn double bar with locking fork. Everything has been chromed/polished. 1750.00 was spent on chrome and polishing (I was told). Even the AS bolts are chromed

Rare Torrington long bars, coke bottle jeweled grips, Authentic Schwinn pedals, Klaxon oogah horn, Persons restored saddle with grab rail and Whizzer bag, Morrow hubs, skip tooth drive, springer front, original steel fenders, heavy duty correct wheels re chromed, cream 26 x 2.125 Felt Quick Brick balloon tires (not cheap ones), 1938 bicycle license,
The cycle was painted Fire Engine Red.
The authentic Whizzer motor is an H motor from the 40's

(If you aren't familiar with Whizzers, they were a company that sold motor kits to add to your bicycle. They began in the late 30's and had a limited run where they sold their own bicycle and motor kit together but primarily sold kits to adapt to your bicycle.) There are a few variations of the Whizzer motor, this one is the H. It is extremely reliable and puts out 2 HP. That may seem whimpy but this baby can go all day long at over 35 MPH!

Did you look at all the polishing/chrome done to the motor?!

You can Google Whizzer and see if you can find one like this. Good luck! There are many out there but none like this!

I have been looking at Whizzers for over 10 years and have seen many for sale. It's not going to get any sweeter than this. Pricing it to sell!

It has been sitting in my garage for years. I have ridden it only a handful of times. When I do take her out, it draws a crowd. I have had many offers to sell over the years and always rejected them. I always intended to keep it forever but you know how that goes, right?

The last time I rode it was about 10 months ago. I cooked the rear hub and had it rebuilt at my local bike shop. About 6 months ago I took it for a ride and realized they didnt do a good job. The races on the hub were bad so I bought another hub. It needs to switched. Other than that, there are no mechanical issues. I would suggest blowing out the carb with some cleaner since she sits so much. She always starts right up.

Whizzer speedo was never connected and I never hooked it up. You can do it easily if you choose

I dont mind shipping but would prefer local pick up.
It will have to be shipped in 2 boxes (wheels, bars, seat and pedals removed) and shipping will be a separate transaction through Paypal.

You can contact me at 951 609-7554
Thanks, Kris

Attachments

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
That is a gorgeous MB. If I had not just picked up a new motorcycle, I might have begged for forgiveness for picking it up... Lovely. Best of luck on the sale!

And yes, a price would help.

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Uh...oops! :) Sorry about that! Price is 3800. May seem high for a Whizzer but if you know them and how much is into this one, it's a deal. I saw one sell 3 weeks ago on CL for 4500 and it was a 1942 Cleveland Welding Co base with an H motor. It looked nice but didnt have every detail covered.
Its at 3499 on ebay. First 3800 takes her home.
Thanks and sorry for ommiting that "small" detail in my original ad :)

Last edited: