U-bolt

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I know this U-bolt works:

....and this one too:

This build has at least 5 U-bolts on it and were purchased from three different places. The upper front engine mount U-bolt was from Home Depot (pic 1), the big stainless steel in pic 2 was from Marshall's hardware. The other 3 (not shown) were muffler clamps from NAPA auto.

dnut

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
For what? A motor mount?

I purchased some of these from mcmaster a couple years ago for a recumbent seat mount. Turns out I could not get enough grip due to the plastic being somewhat hard. If there was a way to apply more even pressure around the tube you are mounting to, I think they would work great as an engine mount.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
For what? A motor mount?

I purchased some of these from mcmaster a couple years ago for a recumbent seat mount. Turns out I could not get enough grip due to the plastic being somewhat hard. If there was a way to apply more even pressure around the tube you are mounting to, I think they would work great as an engine mount.
Looking into what U-bolts I will use for my Huffy Build (see the link to the build thread below). I will most likely use two U-bolts for each end of my motor mounting plate that I am making to mount my 3HP Tecumseh 2 stroke to.