have you used bikeberry.com or enginesonlineshop.com

GoldenMotor.com

stevet

Sep 26, 2012
seattle
and ontop of that the day after he gave me his number. he left the country for a vacation for a month! lol but when she runs i have fun...... WHEN i say.....when

BikeBerry.com

Dealer
Nov 7, 2008
California
www.bikeberry.com
bikeberry sucks! thats it. do not use them i wasted my money. my story. i got an 80cc motor. FIRST OFF. the video that came with it installs a motor that doesnt even look like mine. so i read the manuel.... also NOT FOR MY MOTOR. i set it up like i read. and had alot of help from people on this site.... gearnut..... wingnut.... bikerjoe i think.... but it was ****. my clutch lever was sent bent! 90 degree bend so no chain gaurd due to the position it must sit at. also during the first week of fine tuning and cursing the lord for my choice. i would call them from time to time and each chump who would talk to me refered me to a youtube video of how to adjust my clutch! after yelling at a man and asking for someone who has worked on one and knows about the motor instead of a person paid to search google while i was waiting.... he responded by haning up on me..... later i got a call from his BOSS ASKING IF I CAN USE MORE PROFESSIONAL LANGUAGE or he could not help and to call his direct line due to the amount of people i went threw for help.... he didnt know how to help either......ME" so it starts but dies..... i give it gas and it dies. cant get her to stay on....." HIM THE BOSS MAN" well did you release the clutch slower?" DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH BIKEBERRY .... more like turn your bike into BIKEVERRY****TY
Hello Stevet,

This is Jack,the owner of BikeBerry.com. Allow me to address your issue directly. The video that comes with all of our kits is in fact of an older generation engine. These engine kits change, evolve, improve, etc over time. However, the installation of the kits themselves are exactly the same. Keep in mind that we produced the installation video as a courtesy to our customer and is sent, free of charge, with the purchase of any of our kits. Our competition does not include such a video.

If you received any parts damaged such as the clutch lever, please do let us know so that we can replace it for you. We do everything that we can to ensure that all of the products that we ship out are well packaged to avoid damages. However, shipping damages, from time to time are unavoidable. Everything is shipped out of our offices in California. Depending on where you live, the package can pass through thousands of miles and be handled by up to 50 people. It only takes one person to mishandle the package to cause damage. It is not our fault, but in the interest of taking care of all of our customer, we always find a resolution to the issue, whether that be replacing the part directly and taking the loss or filing a claim with fedex for the entire package, etc.

Regarding our phone support to help you to resolve the issue. Please do keep in mind that because the nature of the support is via phone, there are considerable limitations to what and how we can best explain things to help our customers. Interpretations of parts and how to fix a particular problem can at times be very difficult to explain over the phone. As such, we have created some fantastic support videos on youtube so that you have a better visual representation of the process involved to fix the problem. You can find these videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/BikeBerrycom .
Also, please keep in mind that because we are not physically in front of your bicycle to inspect it, we are limited by the information that you have provided to us. If the uyet we are troubleshooting the clutch because of the information you have provided to us, the problem may never be resolved no matter how many adjustments you make to the clutch. We are more than happy to help you and all of our customers with the support to get you up and running. However, please keep in mind that these are Do-It-Yourself kits and oftentimes due to the limitations of phone technical support, it may be best to bring it to a local mechanic or a fellow rider in the area to have the bike looked over to make sure that it was actually assembled properly.

Regarding your experience with our staff hanging up on you. Our support staff is trained to speak to all of our customers with respect and courtesy. In exchange, we ask that our customers return the favor and treat our staff with the same level of respect. As such, if there is an excessive amount of cursing, name calling, yelling and personal attacks to our staff, our representatives are trained to first ask that the customer stop the foul language then and only then if the foul language continues to simply hang up. Please keep in mind that our staff is here to help our customer and not there to be verbally abused verbally by you.

Now to help you to resolve the problem that you're having... if the engine starts but dies when you give it gas, it may be as simple as an adjustment to the carburetor. If your carburetor is not adjusted properly, you may be either not giving the engine enough gas or giving it too much when you pull the throttle. Either way, it will die out as you have described. Rather than trying to explain exactly how to adjust the carburetor here, I'd invite you to take a look at our carburetor tuning guide on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAaKSII_vbo&feature=plcp

Cheers,
Jack

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
Bike berry lied to me as we'll. lucky I read motor bicycling . I cancelled my order and got refund. Had I went through with my order it was out of stock, wrong color bike, and I would have either waited months to get product or wrong bike then all the hassle of returning. I did voice my opinion by yelling into the phone if you don't have it don't advertise it. Just say out of stock. Next day I logged on to there website 20 products were now listed out of stock. Enginesonline were great to me for my wide crank set, mm adapters awesome. Product and service.

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
So far I have had no issues with BikeBerry at all. Granted, I am not impressed with the DVD video that came with it nor the crummy instructions, but when my muffler failed they gave me an RMA number and told me to ship it back. I had to wait 3 weeks to do it and let them know and they said that was ok, just as long as it was in the 6 month warranty period. The motor I got from them was in good condition with all of the normal China girl failings (to be expected from any vendor) but the engine has run fine so far for my break in period.

WannaBButch

Dec 15, 2012
Oklahoma
My kit was purchased for me as a gift through BikeBerry.com. The only thing that was missing was the fuel filter which I told them about and they didn't offer to send it. No big deal since they're cheap at the hardware store. The instructions had obviously been photocopied a million times and were useless. The DVD was a little less useless but not much. They're universal mount was a joke. It just doesn't mount as solidly as I would like. I contacted their customer service via the chat feature and they kindly gave me the stud measurements and such so I could order a better mount from SBP. Overall I haven't found anything wrong with the kit but it is my first build so I didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb like I probably should have. I'll be purchasing a kit from BGF soon as the price difference is pretty big when you include the fact that you're charge for the universal mounts and shipping as well from BikeBerry.

Sara