FireBelly 4 Stroke "Hard Box" Transmission

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
So, SBP has 2 stroke shifter kit for $180 and it is not (w/ the exception of posssibly a couple parts) American made. I'm working w/ SBP developing the 4 stroke shift kit and including my transmission will likely cost $495, so that's $350 for the trans. and $145 for the shift kit.

Last edited:

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
So, SBP has 2 stroke shifter kit for $180 and it is not (w/ the exception of posssibly a couple parts) American made. I'm working w/ SBP developing the 4 stroke shift kit and including my transmission will likely cost $495, so that's $350 for the trans. and $145 for the shift kit.
Sorry, it wasn't clear that included gearbox. Seems quite reasonable and I look forward to reviews.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
So, much investigation and much learned! In order that I may eschew obfuscation; I shall be humble (to be clear and in order to fix the issues I have to admit a critical mistake).

I made some assumptions about the chain that were apparently erroneous. So after much more fact finding investigation and thought. I have 2 possible solutions that'll fix the chain breakage in these boxes.

1. Slower Rpms
or
2. 2 strand chain

I think I'll try both!

I have a 2.5 hp 50 cc 4 stroke that is neither Honda nor HuaSheng that is designed to run at 3600 rpms that I'll be using for option 1; option 2 is going to be a 2 strand chain on the HuaSheng.

Both of these options will greatly improve chain strength!

All in all I believe it is good news. These are quality made units that I believe are both attractive and built to last! Now, armed w/ the facts, We'll be able to back up that statement!

I should say that I've not personally broken any of my boxes chains from prototype to 1st gen. I broke 2 masterlinks and specified different ones which fixed that. Just wanted to clarify that I in no way intended to have our customers test our product (we're supposed to do that). They've been both patient and helpful. I am thankful for that!

Thanks, Evan

Last edited:
Hi Evan,

It sure takes a lot of time, money, and patience to design & fabricate a workable system. Often times many don't realize the major commitment required to find solutions.

We have our system at the "bullet proof" stage and are now working around the clock to reduce the cost and still use American parts & labor.

We have invested over a year in bringing our drive system to the marketplace, therefore I am very aware of all the hard work you must have invested in your project.

If we can be of any help, please feel free to contact us.

Have fun,

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
OK my heads spinning and Im seeing double....is the website up yet? Are all the kinks worked out as of 10/15/09? What kind of warranty is on this product? Also what is the price ON A COMPLETE KIT with gearbox, motor and mounting hardware? I like the fact that some bubbas in an AMERICAN machine shop get to feed their kids instead of jin tao luo.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
In order that I may eschew obfuscation; I shall be humble (to be clear and in order to fix the issues I have to admit a critical mistake).

Your candor is certainly appreciated. Getting eschewed up by all that obfuscation was getting old. :)

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
The work never ends! But it's good work to have!
Thanks Guys!
Bandito
The website is long over due! We're supposed to have many pics up today and descriptions etc to follow. Hopefully a useable site by tomorrow.

As of 10/17/09 8:17am I have the solutions to the bug in hand and waiting for a few parts to be finished. I expect next weekend I'll have one, maybe both, options working.

We stand behind all of our products. We like feeding Bubba's kids too!

I should say that we're having to take a step back w/ this project. It is being bumped back to the testing phase. The units already machined are most likely all spoken for. If there are any available for testing after that I'll offer them up. This will allow the mods to be thoroughly tested over the winter (rode hard put away wet!). And the next series of HardBox transmissions will be redesigned to reflect those changes.

If we're lucky and people are still interested in our transmission after another round of rigorous testing, I should think that the redesigned Hardbox should be available early next year.

I'll post our progress regularly!

Last edited:

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
Gee mr pot belly I only saw this one ad I like from a guy who to be ez motorbike was on craigs

I would enjoy a tip or two reguarding the trans or the kit he seems ready to bargan
[email protected]
I galled this morning and was amazed that he can bring a kit out for 600 or a tranny for 280 is that good I talked to him at 1-714-3417990

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
I understand that they produce a quality product, though I've not personally tried it! Is that what your asking?

BTW, the HardBox is not likely to find it's way to market any time soon. The few issues left to address are easilly fixed but they're too expensive to produce and the market won't bear the cost.

You'll likely see them pop up now and again as I have all of them in my posession and as time allows I'll be re-engineering them and finding special projects for them.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Where do you buy "FireBelly" products? Anybody know ?? I see that they advertise accessories but........where are they?!

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Ya the owner must have fell off the face of the earth and disappeared owing me money. He seemed like a good guy. I don't know what his reason for screwing me out of hundreds of dollars is. Maybe he closed down and opened under a new name.

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
Ya the owner must have fell off the face of the earth and disappeared owing me money. He seemed like a good guy. I don't know what his reason for screwing me out of hundreds of dollars is. Maybe he closed down and opened under a new name.
I actually had good business with Evan. I bought a max torque clutch and an engine mount from him. Sorry to hear he owes you money. I tried calling him a few months back but his number was disconnected.