WTB: Centrifugal clutch

GoldenMotor.com

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I actually need the Centrifugal clutch inner sleeve. For some reason the one I purchased from Pirate cycles a while back didn't come with the inner sleeve and I had no luck getting a replacement Clutch kit from them. If you happen to have an inner sleeve or a reasonably priced kit just let me know. Thanks!

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
Elaborate on " inner sleeve" please. If your talking about putting a clutch with a 3/4 inch bore on a smaller shaft, don't expect to get a sleeve with it. You should get the clutch that fits the shaft your going to put it on. But you can get a sleeve to make the difference and probably a more rectangular key to fit the extra space that you needed the sleeve to fill everywhere but the key-way.

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
You can go to bearing houses like motion industries and get a shaft adapter sleave with keyway. It is used on industrial gearboxes to adapt sprockets of different sizes to it.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
My kit looked something like this but was apparently missing an inner piece as it doesn't fit properly on the engine shaft when I remove the original gear. It's really loose so as I was looking around the net I saw where there should be an inner sleeve on the clutch housing. Maybe I'm just clueless or actually missing something that should have been on there.

Attachments

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
Man, I'm sorry. I had no idea what you were talking about till now. I just bought a centrifugal clutch as a whole unit and not part of something larger. It came as an assembled unit and all I have to do to it is oil it every once in a while. Again, I'm sorry for speaking out of ignorance.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
i got one here, custom welded because the ones you can buy now break after couple days. i switched back to manual clutch so you can have it if you want.

actually i can send you the good one welded and the new one that broke, because the piece you need got out of the one i had running in the end. for me they are too noisy.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Cool, thanks yes I would like to try it out for sure. I'll send you a PM with my info. and you can let me know how much to send you for shipping :) Thanks a million!