ME!? a "senior member"?

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
It's an automatic feature related to post count, commonplace on most forums. I'd not pay it much mind as post count means little regardless the forum, rather it's what's conveyed by those posts that matters.

It's always best to click usernames and see what they've had to say, what they've done & what they've built instead of going by "titles" no matter what that title may be ;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
If you'd like a custom title, you could PM the admin Paul and ask... but he does have a sense of humor so... well... you'd prolly get a custom title anyway :p

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Believe it or not I finally asked Paul for that change! No word yet, thought I'd post now before it's changed to "don't know a thing"!

BarelyAWake- Didn't realize you were a Maineiac, wherabouts do you call home? I spent a few months lobsterin down by Vinylhaven, and rakin blueberries up by Blue Hill. Woulda took a job making wreathes but besides having a full time job to return to, those little old ladies woulda ate me alive:) Great memories!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Middlin midcoast Maine, smack dab between nowhere & you're lost man where the primary tourist attraction isn't & the locals don't either ;)

I'll be honest, while I've friends that are trappers & diggers ofc - you couldn't pay me to haul or rake as it's waaaay too much like work, the ones that actually make a few bucks these days are certifiably insane* & I'm not a big fan of lobster in any case, nasty bottom feedin' bug lookin' things lol

*like this guy, that's brackish tidal water iced up to give you an idea how cold it is - fall in & you prolly won't make it to shore;

I've a friend whom makes wreaths, which as you know is far more interesting than it sounds, raiding the christmas tree farms for sprigs & whatnot heh

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
O yeah! My very young (at the time) back and hands were beat. I happily left to go to a physically intense 4 month long course. Every time I thought it was too much, I thought about making a living with that %*#! rake!
Other than poor conditions, back breaking work, horrible hours and the like, those two jobs also had something else in common- eat all you want. That lasted a very short time in both cases- smaat thinkin!
Geez that looks cold. I'm near Bozeman MT and it hasn't been bad at all these last two winters.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Barely Awake, I agree lobster SUCKS!
I don't get it what all the fuss is, taste's like crap, smells like yick, chews like rubber?
Awful stuff!

And trey you are a senior member because you are old.
Did you get your gold cain in the mail yet?
If not, contact a moderator here and they'll get one sent out to you ASAP!

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
And trey you are a senior member because you are old.

oooooooh... man I got a good giggle outta that one right there! Believe it or not, at 36 I'm the oldest guy on my job, (with the exception of the owner- whose social security number is 000-00-0001 LOL). That was right up my alley.
As far as the lobster goes; it, and the 25lbs of butter I ate with it, were awesome. That lasted 4 or 5 days, and it took me 10 years to have another 'cockroach of the ocean' :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL @ the lobster thing. (Carol makes faces at me when I say this) It's got 6 legs, it's a bug. Your not supposed to eat em.

In my well spent youth, I sailed with the Clearwater organization out of Poughkeepsie NY. on the Hudson river. We would troll for fish and what ever was on the bottom and show the school kids what lived in the river. Much to the great annoyance to every thing that lives in the river.

But the biggest, happiest and healthiest lobster we would catch, was next to or near some sort of sewage outfall. Could have been the local lobster folk avoided those areas but them dang mud-bugs were fat, dumb and happy big. (well, not so happy after being brought up on deck, showed to small children then unceremoniously thrown over the side...

LOL Trey, your new title comes with an AARP application.

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Are you not hiring? Because that sounds like my dream not job. Not kidding:)

When I was a kid my grandmother called them 'the cockroaches of the ocean'. My mother, on the other hand, would eat the whole thing. Yuck!

Dan, I wonder if I can now get better rates on my insurance...lol

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
my dad always told me "work is a necessary evil of life" you all ever notice all those things our parents told us that they were right and our friends were wrong lol