Clutch and rpm's without applying throttle

GoldenMotor.com

sboricic123

Apr 15, 2013
Bailieboro, Ontario
Just a few simple questions for some of you. 66cc China.

When I have the clutch in the lock position, the back wheel still wants to turn a bit. Does the flower nut have to be turned clockwise or counter clockwise to stop this? The cable is tight already.

With the engine running and not applying the throttle, I'd like to lower the speed on it that it travels. Is that done with the e-clip on the needle? I currently have it set the second notch from the top.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
try counter clockwise one notch

to lower low end speed, you'd need a larger sprocket rather than a carb adjustment

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
+1 to the one notch on the flower nut.

And I'm not sure what you're speaking of on your second question. Are you talking about idle speed?

sboricic123

Apr 15, 2013
Bailieboro, Ontario
+1 to the one notch on the flower nut.

And I'm not sure what you're speaking of on your second question. Are you talking about idle speed?
Currently without applying the throttle, the bikes travels approximately 14-15 mph on it's own. I'd like to decrease that if possible. I think I may have screwed up the brass sleeve though when adjusting the idle screw. Maybe that's what is causing it. The throttle still releases itself though. The sleeve moves up and down when I checked it out by removing the air filter. But maybe not enough.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Currently without applying the throttle, the bikes travels approximately 14-15 mph on it's own. I'd like to decrease that if possible. I think I may have screwed up the brass sleeve though when adjusting the idle screw. Maybe that's what is causing it. The throttle still releases itself though. The sleeve moves up and down when I checked it out by removing the air filter. But maybe not enough.
Whoa, okay.

You've got a cable adjustment issue right there. Pull the carb apart, or even just pull the air cleaner off, and see what is sticking. Something is holding the throttle barrel open.