Throttle cable won't let me go full revs

GoldenMotor.com

madguru

Aug 3, 2015
Malta
Hi guys,
So from the start when i fitted this kit it gave me problems with the throttle cable i used the adjusters but still nothing won't go full revs . So i thought the throttle cable is defective but i'm wrong cause i bought a new one but still the same problem . I have a video attached sorry about the lack of sound camera quality of phone is not that good . As you can see throttle will only go up to like 60 percent i tried adjusting the slack adjusters or what ever you call them and as you can see in one of the photos the cable hangs out . Can anyone enlighten me to what my problem is if tried near enough everything is this a problem to do with the butterfly valve or ? btw the photo with the slack i did put it in place while i was doing the video thanks

Video : https://vid.me/le70

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
first, take off the air filter and look to see if slide is going all the way up

usually, too much slack in cable is because the plastic stop in throttle mount is broken

madguru

Aug 3, 2015
Malta
I definetly think its cause the adjusters aren't cutting all the slack out but idk what to do cause i don't have tools to adjust the cable any ideas is there a spacer or something? thx

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
you need to open the throttle mount on the handlebar to see what may be wrong, but that's after you remove air filter to see how far slide is moving