What the heck is wrong with Pirate Cycles?

GoldenMotor.com

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
After ordering a part on December 20th having no direct access to speak with anyone there I find there contact number on my Visa charge is disconnected, the voice contact is a fax line and they don't reply to their Emails.

So using an online fax service I sent two Faxes and finally they called me to say something wasn't right for them to ship my item. The voice on the answering machine said for my 11 day delay they had shipped my order and upgraded my shipping to 3-Day so I can have it ny the Weekend. Their words.

Well I stayed home today to be here to sign for the package.

Since the first notice of shipment was a FedEx tracking number I got excited when FedEx came by but had to get out in the street and run after the truck when it didn't stop. I went about half a block and was yelling and at the stop sign the driver waited.
FedEx didn't have a package for me.

So here I am having paid on Nov. 20th and this is Dec 2nd.

I have just checked my email and i see that Pirate has shipped the very very needed part today December 2nd with the USPS GROUND.

I can understand delays and I am a grown up but being lied to and deceived is very wrong.

What is wrong with Pirate Cycles that they are so dishonest and devious.

Obviously they place profits first and customer trust second as they do not allow refunds for anything including dishonesty and deceit on their part.

Am I just discovering this after spending over $500 with them?

Does any other retailer want my business?

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Some big companys are like that, all they care about geting your money in there pocket. Even if they have to cheat, steal, or lie to the people. And once they got your money in there pocket, they don't want to let it go for nothing in the world. Good luck

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Lets hope what they sent is the right thing once it gets here.

And Pirate if you are reading Don't tell customers you have shipped items when you have not just to skirt the law on refunds.

We get three days to cancel and if we know they don't have an item we should be free to shop else where.
Telling us it's shipped as you order and wait for a shipment to come in is wrong and illegal.

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
I'd say finding the word "Pirate" in the name of a company, would give me a bad vibe...

Sorry to hear the trouble, but thank you for the warning!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
From what I've seen, Pirate Cycles is among the good guys...
Probly a glitch in the matrix. it happens!
Good luck
rc

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
From everything I've personally seen & heard about them, Pirate do their best to take care of their customers...
But like it's been said before, sometimes s*** happens, & things happen that they can't control. :/
I'm sure you will get your parts, so just hang in there & try to be understanding. ;)

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i have dealt with pirate once before.
i will hold no reservations in buying from them again.
it is not often that the buying experience is better than my expectations.

mrleo

Aug 16, 2011
cal.
Ernst try not to feel to bad.I bought a head gasket and rings for my 66cc. on nov 4 said it shipped on the 7 and i still do not have it. I called so much they know my voice. All is good my 66cc just went by by boom. I now have great news my new morini is on my bench. Redy to instal.
Leo

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
Leo, im new to the morini myself i just built mine about 4 months ago, and let me tell you your going to love that thing i didint think a motorized bicycle can really be that awsome, i cant wait to see your build :)

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
They did send it 3day so it got here Monday.
They compensated with some gifts so that is good,

The problem was the "dangling" shipping notice,

That is what I went by.

It looks like this was a supply issue.
So to avoid in the future it would be good to not say shipped.

Oh well.. Around here I have to watch out for deliveries since they will grow legs and walk away.

All is good now and I will be aware next time.

Now to ride! I always enjoy a rife after downtime,

Thanks for reading friends.