Suzuki Introduces new 250 street bike for 2013

GoldenMotor.com

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
this is my little run around bike. I bought new last year. It's a 250. It's not quite as sporty as the others, but has a good look of it's own. Cleveland Cycle Werks..Tha Heist. $3195

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
How's it been for you? I like the Misfit the most. I like them all though. And they are "local". I talked to the owner at the bike show last year.

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
How's it been for you? I like the Misfit the most. I like them all though. And they are "local". I talked to the owner at the bike show last year.
Yeah the Misfit is cool too. I have had good luck with mine. I don't beat on it very hard though. I had Weaver Rides do some head work and put a different pipe on it, sounds great!! CCW is supposed to have an open house some time this summer, that I would like to go to.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The CCW have a good rep for a Chinese bike vendor. I like the cafe racer. I think my closest CCW dealer is 400 miles away in the DFW area.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
this is my little run around bike. I bought new last year. It's a 250. It's not quite as sporty as the others, but has a good look of it's own. Cleveland Cycle Werks..Tha Heist. $3195

That's a pushrod CG based engine in that one, is it the full 250, or a 223?

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
ludwig.. I think your correct. I have heard that before, not sure on the exact size- it's promoted as a 250, kind like our HT 80 motors are. They also have a big bore kit now you can buy to get 300cc ... I believe.?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Nope, it's a one lobe cam pushrod. They were designed for the criminal abuse/negligence of SE Asia, so provided you change the oil and clean the filters (both of them, the spinner one can get filled up and it looks like metal when it's only compacted sludge), you have an engine that will last a long time. They do like it when you use the clutch to change gear though, they're not totally immune to brutality.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It's as old as engines, many manufacturers have used a single lobe cam down the years. It makes sense to reduce costly operations in manufacture, and grinding and hardening an expensive steel takes time=money. Ariel used it in their singles, I think even BSA at one time as well.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I found an even better demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRKssCBrYxc

Honda were losing out on the SE Asian markets, because of the fragility and vulnerablility to zero care of their ohc engines. A working group from the factory went on a tour. On returning, the head of the group convened a meeting for the morning after the plane landed.

One of the engineers sat down and spent the night drawing up his idea for how a better suited engine should be built. This was fortunate for him, as it almost entirely coincided with the leader's concept.

They simply went back to basics and effectively created an upright version of the old C110/C210 engines. Pushrods, so reducing the amount of oil the head needed, and the cam down in the guts of the engine, swimming in oil. Further to that, changing worn parts is quick and easy, which is generally agreed to be better than scrapping an engine or complete bike.

Last edited: