Help with wiring lights in O.C. Area

GoldenMotor.com

Cpt Stevo

May 30, 2013
Orange County
Hello guys
I have all my lights mounted. All are L.E.D.s i'am using a 12 volt 9 amp lead acid battery. I have the brake lights working. The turn signals are a nice kit I bought from a ATV seller (lights, switches, flasher & instructions included) I also have some cool chaser running lights and headlights,.. I have a trailer with stop, turn & running lights as well,..I have all the tools to do the job & all the lights are mounted & ready to wire,..my problem is I am way over thinking the wiring and could use some help, any input or info on someone good at wiring would be very helpful,...please reply with any info, Thank You, Cpt Stevo

Attachments

TakeiT

Apr 17, 2014
Oshawa, Ontario
I'm not sure what your problem is? Run the wires from the battery, to the switch then to the light. You should only need 1 wire per light.

Cpt Stevo

May 30, 2013
Orange County
All the lights have 2 wires one hot & the other ground, the turn signals switchs have indicator lights so the switch has 3 terminals, also I have to figure a wire harness, I have the battery at the rear of my trike along with a fuse panel & ground terminal strip, I can do this But I am making more complicated & confusing to the point where I have gave up, I think I may try to draw a wiring diagram so You guys can understand why i'am having trouble.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
Here is how I wired my lights. I used a common positive terminal for all connections to the battery. i.e one wire going from battery positive to the common positive or power distributor, something commonly used to install car audio systems. The wires coming off the power distributor go to the switches, then another wire goes from the switch to the light. Hope that helps.