BonusParts' Spring Epic

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Yow! You're talking about averaging 100 miles per day. Do-able, no doubt. But you're gonna be sore.

But I'm not trying to be discouraging. I once crossed the country on a motorcycle. It was far more uncomfortable and tiring than I ever would have guessed. And I really, really doubt that I'd be willing to do it again.

But I'm glad I did it all the same. Have fun.

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Yow! You're talking about averaging 100 miles per day. Do-able, no doubt. But you're gonna be sore.

But I'm not trying to be discouraging. I once crossed the country on a motorcycle. It was far more uncomfortable and tiring than I ever would have guessed. And I really, really doubt that I'd be willing to do it again.

But I'm glad I did it all the same. Have fun.
Yes, that is the reason we are not going a greater distance than we are.

The idea is that we would only need to refuel once during the trip. Our tank's capacity is 2.5 gallons....

I also invested in a shock seatpost and gel seat to keep my ass from falling off.

Can't wait!

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I think I've got a suggestion for you. I've never tried it but I like the logic.

Make yourself a padded cover for your seat. Thick padding.

And make it easily removable.

The idea is not so much to make your seat just as soft as possible for the entire ride. The idea is to make your seat 'adjustable'. Being able to go with the soft and then change over to the 'less soft' for a while, back and forth, might help with fatigue.

Merely being able to change the stresses and the spots they attack might be helpful.

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
as diesel dave can tell you the appalatian mtns , are no joke
they are to be avoided at all costs , concider a cource around them , even the foot hills are killer
if all goes well id love to meet you at the rally this august
best of luck , keep us posted

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Good luck and have fun!
Thanks! Will hopefully have plenty of footage for a video of the trip. I KNOW I've got the power to keep the go-pro running ;)

I think I've got a suggestion for you. I've never tried it but I like the logic.

Make yourself a padded cover for your seat. Thick padding.

And make it easily removable.

The idea is not so much to make your seat just as soft as possible for the entire ride. The idea is to make your seat 'adjustable'. Being able to go with the soft and then change over to the 'less soft' for a while, back and forth, might help with fatigue.

Merely being able to change the stresses and the spots they attack might be helpful.
Actually, I do think you're onto something. Luxury cars do that, they dont so much massage, they keep you moving ever so slightly so you dont get sore. I will look into crafting something for sure - add that to the shock seatpost and everything should go smoothly

as diesel dave can tell you the appalatian mtns , are no joke
they are to be avoided at all costs , concider a cource around them , even the foot hills are killer
if all goes well id love to meet you at the rally this august
best of luck , keep us posted
I will keep that in the back of my mind. I am hoping the lehigh gorge isnt too bad seeing as its at the river level. Does the 1500ft elevation difference make a big difference?

I will keep updated and assuming we rest at places with signal I'll be able to keep posted thru the trip.

(Joys of 12v :D)