CT Motorized Bicycle Get together

GoldenMotor.com

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA
Re: CT MB Get together

I will be there with my shift kit, if we cant go riding on their roads, then public roads are good, CT is a MB friendly state.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Thanks Hselo. Look forward to meeting you. I was waiting until I got it in writing about us being welcome on the roads in the park, but will be fine. (sorry for the delay Commander) I have ridden there and the only time a ranger stopped me was to say hello (we went to high school together) and to ask for a ride. You are right, CT is very friendly to and about MBs. Had a cop directing traffic in front DMV yesterday smile and wave. I should have tried to sell him a kit or bike. lol

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA

Nice, im glad you get freindly smiles and waves. I just get puzzled looks from the cops, its almost if they are betting if i am legal or not lol. tis fine cause im legally registered.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL, know what you mean. Or the "look away" look when ya wave at them. I always think they are thinking "don't make me have to work or bother with/you sort of thing.

Really, you got it registered? Very cool. I found a DMV inter office memo saying that all employees must not register them. But that was specific to 50cc and below. Did you have to add lights and horn?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Forgot to mention that I am inviting some local press and met a gentleman yesterday who wants to do a documentary on MBs.

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA

Yeah, I live in MA. I decided to get it registered in the off chance i am pulled over on it. The RMV, there is no Department in MA, just the Registry, kinda gave me a hard time as i has no Certificate of Origin, but i told the lady that i took a motor and put it on a bicycle. She gave me a look (whats with govt workers and their looks :)) and registered it anyways.

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state

Nice Dan, sounds like you all will have a blast. Sure wish I could make it but other plans take precedent. Hope you get some good coverage and some news worthy things happen at this event. Make sure you take plenty of pics as Im sure we all would be interested in them.

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT

Is this still the weekend of May 2nd/3rd? Dan, I thought you had mentioned changing the date to June when I was at your place, but I don't see anything in here about a date change. I figure if the hotel is booked a solid date and time has to be set.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.

Dan, My wife's coming & she's asking me questions. What time does it start? Should she pack food in a cooler or are we going to restaurants? Will there be signs directing us? These details are good for everyone to know.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Thanks Jay, good point. Starts at 11am. The spot I got for us has grills so going to have burgers and hot dogs, cook out stuff. There is an Italian restaurant right next to the park and many a short ride away as well. There won't be signs but there is a ranger at the gate to direct folks. We are Beachgrove 5. spot 10 on this map; http://www.wickhampark.org/images/wickham_map.pdf

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
May 2nd is almost here!!

Saturday's close!! My wife Bonnie & I will be there rain or shine!! If it's sunny we ride. If it rains we ride a little & talk bikes a lot while we drink my homemade wine, which I always bring plenty of. See you all there.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Awesome Jay! I have one of those canopy things so we can stay dry enjoying wine and friends!!! (Jay makes great wine from a secrete recipe)

If any one needs my cell #, just PM or email me.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Sounds like lots of fun guy's, wish I could be there. Have lots of fun for those of us who cannot make it and be safe. And don't forget to take some pics for us!

.flg.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.

I'm packed & ready to go!! Got 2 bikes & a wife in the van. See you soon. Now they say the weather might be nice.