[B]Manufacturing wire harness test market[/B]

GoldenMotor.com

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Ok everyone , I am looking into producing a wire harness for lighting for our bikes for people who are not comfortable Drilling into their frames to run wires , these harnesses will vary to just a rear and front light to hook up to a rechargeable battery, to a fully functional 12v wire harness complete with all hook ups for turn signals , running lights front and back, break lights, and horn. I am doing seeing how it would go over and see the need for a harness would be like , please comment and leave suggestions

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Dave, this check cycle I am on CL for Razor scooters. DC motors on 'toys' will produce power. The 'toys' come with batt packs and plugs for 110v. Seeing them listed $40-70 bucks.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
And here is my feedback. I do not know whether or not I would personally need a harness, though it would be nice to clean up the wires hanging off my bike a bit, but I still think its a great idea. When the time comes that they have been made and depending on the price, I would definitely consider buying one. I have a headlight and a brake light. The headlight is connected to two 7.2v nicads wired in series, and the brake light is connected to a single 7.2v nicad. I do not have a charging circuit setup, as my lights will run for over 4 hours and I have a quick charger.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I think people will buy them if the price is right. I'm using a Sturmey Dymo which will run a head and tail, plus a 12v that is used for the tach and any other lighting/ accessories I may want to add.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I am far to cheap to buy any harness I can make, but I think there is definetly a market for the product! I have customers who need something like this BAD!
You should see some of the fire hazards brought to me for repair...
If you make them, I think they will sell to newer or less mechanically inclined enthusiasts.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I think its a great ideal. I can honestly say i know a few who would buy something like that. And if there is one there must be more who would.

Last edited:

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
I personally wouldn't, I just don't see how it could help. I just run a 9v battery to a set of LED fog lights and an LED clearance light for a tail light, my only problem is my wiring is shoddy. I have a feeling that my batteries are being shorted out via the switch I taped onto the handlebars, waiting on my light controls for a proper setup, but I still don't see how a wiring harness would help at all, even making it cleaner, I only have 2 16 ga wires running the length of the bike anyway. my problem is making it look clean, and that would require running them inside the frame or shrink wrapping them and making them look like a brake line. If it's to run off the white wire... it's only one wire, hardly a need for a harness. Unless there's something I'm missing and I'm way off base...

TakeiT

Apr 17, 2014
Oshawa, Ontario
I personally wouldn't, I just don't see how it could help. I just run a 9v battery to a set of LED fog lights and an LED clearance light for a tail light, my only problem is my wiring is shoddy. I have a feeling that my batteries are being shorted out via the switch I taped onto the handlebars, waiting on my light controls for a proper setup, but I still don't see how a wiring harness would help at all, even making it cleaner, I only have 2 16 ga wires running the length of the bike anyway. my problem is making it look clean, and that would require running them inside the frame or shrink wrapping them and making them look like a brake line. If it's to run off the white wire... it's only one wire, hardly a need for a harness. Unless there's something I'm missing and I'm way off base...
For your purpose, no. But what about people that have more complex systems, like this one? http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=55100

I would personally buy it if it was in the right price and made properly. ****, I was also thinking about selling the parts above in a kit.