Ca dmv

GoldenMotor.com

unimog

Dec 14, 2012
Yesterday I went down to the San Clemente DMV and took the driving test on my MB. At first they were yelling at me that it can't be done then they got there boss and yelled we cant do it its ether motorcycles or nothing. I got out the DMV drivers book and showed her the page that M2 are explained she told me it was old and pulled it from my hands looked at the cover 2012 (I just grabbed it while i was there)then promptly I will be back and vanished, and she got there boss to look at the bike then had to go call "operations and procedures". They did test me on the MB.
The restriction number is 43 for our license. MOPED
I do have insurance, Horn, turn signals, brake light, side mirror, and Head light. The only thing that they were really concerned with was i could go the 30mph the maximum the book states we can go and that I had a speedometer (that was broken Shhhh).

Hope this helps out anyone going to the san clemente DMV

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
They did test me on the MB.
The restriction number is 43 for our license. MOPED
I do have insurance, Horn, turn signals, brake light, side mirror, and Head light. The only thing that they were really concerned with was i could go the 30mph the maximum the book states we can go and that I had a speedometer (that was broken Shhhh).
That's the first time I have heard of that happening. :)

Who do you have insurance with and how much did it cost you?

What kind of MB do you have?
Do you have the license plate?

unimog

Dec 14, 2012
Who do you have insurance with and how much did it cost you?
State Farm. $6 month $72 year $10 month if i went with what I have on my car.
What kind of MB do you have?
GT bike Frame with HS 4G
Do you have the license plate?
Yes, got it after i was stopped twice

For the insurance was real easy i went in and gave him my dmv paper and walked out with paper work in hand.( Ok he was on the phone for a while)

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I'm getting my M1 cert soon, and will ride that as long as I can or until I can borrow or buy a Ninja 250 to take the test with. If that plans through I'll get the M2 cert. You can reapply, since it's a learners permit with restrictions, no passengers, no night riding.

If you register your bike as the motorized bicycle/moped for $18, then you need to have the license with you or you'll have incomplete papers when the gestapo stop you and ask you how many blinkers you have and the cc of your muffler bearings.

unimog

Dec 14, 2012
M1 and M2 permit is the same. Is good for one year. $30 fee for the DL application. one permit for both Moped or motorcycle, same drivers test, what you take it on determines the class. MB or mopeds are restriction #43
I have 4 flashers. should there be more or less?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ummm, just so you know....an M1 is a Motorcycle License. An M2 is a lesser and restricted motorcycle license. I've held an M1 and class C license since I was 16years old. I've been stopped several times on two-wheeled vehicles and never once have I been asked if I had a motorcycle license. I'm 55 years old now.

Just ride like your life depends on it and obey traffic laws and you should fine.

.wee.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
It's worth being legal though, especially if you have pegs on your bike and its not...

If you go for the test you have to have the type of motorcycle appropriate for the riding test you're taking.

I don't think it's ever good advice to tell people they'll be okay if they bend the law, sometimes you have a really bad day doing that when you get caught!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's worth being legal though, especially if you have pegs on your bike and its not...

If you go for the test you have to have the type of motorcycle appropriate for the riding test you're taking.

I don't think it's ever good advice to tell people they'll be okay if they bend the law, sometimes you have a really bad day doing that when you get caught!
I've never said it was ok to bend the law. Like I said, I've had an M1 license since the early 70's, took my riders test on an old Bultaco 125cc enduro. I've never been asked by a law enforcement officer for a motorcycle license when being pulled over on a stand-up 2-stroke scooter, a Honda XR600R, a 49cc HS motorized bicycle or even my 212cc HF powered race bicycle.

I said ride like your life depends on it and obey traffic rules or something to that effect. :)

And yes.....I wear a helmet for my own well being, most of the time;)

dnut

kardiac

Jan 18, 2013
state of euphoria
can anyone post a checklist for a motorized bike to make legal? m1 or m2 license how many blinkers u need? why do u need turn signals u can use u arms right u can do it in a car? **** u use ur arm to brake aswell in a car. i getting a headache trying to figure out all the regs for my bike. any help greatly appreciated ty

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
can anyone post a checklist for a motorized bike to make legal? m1 or m2 license how many blinkers u need? why do u need turn signals u can use u arms right u can do it in a car? **** u use ur arm to brake aswell in a car. i getting a headache trying to figure out all the regs for my bike. any help greatly appreciated ty
Welcome to the forum. What you've asked for has been beaten too many times on this forum. Take a walk on the wild side and do a search and you'll find your answer.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue