My beast, offroader!

GoldenMotor.com

luke duke

Aug 6, 2008
Here she is Im from New Zealand and we have plenty of gravel logging roads to ride on so i wanted something sturdy!!
I had to buy a 200mm disc rotor for the rear and run a 40 tooth sprocket to get clearance to keep the rear disc brake.
Manifold was shortened to allow carb and filter to fit in!.

Is it dangerous if the carb float bowl heats up, Due to being closer to the motor than the standard manifold allows? Not too hot to touch or anthing but petrol does have a low flash point!. Has anyone blown up a carb before?

Attachments

Last edited:

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
I doubt you'll have any issues with an exploding carby. Fuel needs a proper air/fuel mixture to ignite.

I've boiled the fuel on a hot day in my old Datsun with no ill effects other than the car not running. ;)

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

I like your bike....Just curious, but how were you able to just switch to a larger rear disc?....I have a rear disc that is 160 MM but in order to get a larger disc, the caliper would have to be relocated.....is the mounting bracket simply raised via a factory piece? or was custom welding for new eyelets needed?

I have been tinkering with disc brake / hub adapters for sprockets for our motorized bikes....out of curiosity can I see how you made yours?...

I have a few posts here about my "Top Hat Adapters" and think it would be helpful for those really tight installs to simply raise the caliper out of the way...

Thanks and great job on the bike!

Andrew

Thanks!

Andrew