Homemade Boost Bottle

GoldenMotor.com

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Detroit Diesels have valves. A blower blows air into the cylinder through ports, the air in compressed then fuel is added, then after ignition, valves in the head open up to let the exhaust out. It's really cool, even though it's diesel I feel it still applies. I recently bought a boost bottle and ran out of gas shortly after that but there was instant increase. I had to change idle a lot due to it. It was high and when I lowered it, then pinched the boost bottle hose, it tried to die. It needs to be tuned now it bogs so I couldn't tell you about performance increase. I got it half off, so for 15 bucks I say it was totally worth it so far. Once I get my bike running again I will update all who follow this thread. brnot

maxhile

Dec 29, 2010
savannah
I'm gonna have to agree with venice bike guy. No matter what size or kind of boost bottle you fit to your application, they don't really work. I have a 66cc kit with a 33 tooth rear sprocket and baffle removed and wanted more from the engine. I ordered a boost bottle off of ebay because I read alot of comments about the "big difference" it makes in torque, not top end. Needless to say I was disappointed, if anything the boost bottle made it run rougher. I did several tests with the bottle hooked up and plugged off and there was absolutely no difference that could be remotely noticeable in either acceleration or top end. It does look like a cool addition though (everyone asked me if it was a NOS bottle lol). And for those of you who question my installation, yes I did install the bottle and accessories correctly. :-||

motorhead419

Jul 6, 2009
ohio
I'm gonna have to agree with venice bike guy. No matter what size or kind of boost bottle you fit to your application, they don't really work. I have a 66cc kit with a 33 tooth rear sprocket and baffle removed and wanted more from the engine. I ordered a boost bottle off of ebay because I read alot of comments about the "big difference" it makes in torque, not top end. Needless to say I was disappointed, if anything the boost bottle made it run rougher. I did several tests with the bottle hooked up and plugged off and there was absolutely no difference that could be remotely noticeable in either acceleration or top end. It does look like a cool addition though (everyone asked me if it was a NOS bottle lol). And for those of you who question my installation, yes I did install the bottle and accessories correctly. :-||
As I said in an earlier quote..Boost bottles are dead weight. Buy a good carb and straight intake..You will feel the power increase through the whole power band: what there is of it with these little china engines. .wee.